Registration has started for the 2010 Highpointers Club Annual Convention It will be Held October 7th – 9th Highlighting the Mississippi Highpoint on Woodall Mountain.
*** Pdf and Word Files at the bottom of this page ***
Convention Fees are $75 Adult , Youth Fee (6-15 years) is $6o each and Child Fee (5 years & under) is $50 for each.
Deadline is September 10th 2010. After this date late registration fee applies
“MISSISSIPPI 2010 Konvention T-shirts” are for pre-paid-registered guests only.
Please make your check payable to “Highpointer Club Convention 2010″ and mail, along with the registration form (Downloadable pdf file below), by September 10, 2010 to:
1416 Aladdin Street
Norman, Oklahoma 73072-6039
Host Site Accommodations:
At the Convention Headquarters we have rooms blocked for Highpointers with a rate of $84.00 per night. Please contact the Emerald River Hotel, 4900 Hatch Blvd, Sheffield AL 35660 – Phone: 256.381.4710. It is located in the center of the Sheffield, Muscle Shoals and Florence area in beautiful North Alabama near the intersection of US Highways 72 and 43. Note: This hotel was previously the Holiday Inn and it changed hands during this process. Everything remains the same.
Other Area Lodging:
- Days Inn – 2700 Woodward Ave, Muscle Shoals AL 35661 – Phone: 205-383-3000
- Best Western Fairwinds Inn – 2807 Woodward Ave, Muscle Shoals, AL 35661 – Phone: 256.381.0236
- Comfort Inn Muscle Shoals – 5101 Highway 43 S, Muscle Shoals AL 35674 – Phone: 256.248.0850
- Not Advised! Webster Hotel and Suites – 4205 Hatch Rd, Sheffield, AL 35660 & City Lodge – 400 S Court St, Florence AL 35630 – For Bad Reviews!!!
Heritage Acres RV Park
1770 Neil Morris Rd
Tuscumbia, AL 35674
Thursday October 7
Noon – 5:00 PM – Registration in the lobby of the Emerald River Hotel and Convention Center, Sheffield, Alabama
Afternoon – Carpooling to the following attractions:
- The Coon Dog Cemetery
- Ivy Green (Helen Keller’s Birthplace)
- The Living History at Lagrange College
Evening – Live Radio Broadcast from the Hotel Lounge
Friday October 8
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM – Registration continues in the lobby
9:00 AM – 5:00 PM – Carpooling to the following attractions
- County Highpointing
- State Tri-Cornering
- Municipal Tri-Cornering – Where Muscle Shoals, Sheffield and Tuscumbia intersect
- Alabama Music Hall of Fame
- Recording Music Studio
5:00 PM – Picnic on the lawn outside the Convention Center
Saturday October 9
7:00 AM – 8:00 AM – Carpool from Convention Center to Iuka, Mississippi for Pancake Breakfast.
8:00 AM – 10:00 AM – Pancake Breakfast at Iuka American Legion Hall
10:00 AM – Carpool from Legion Hall to Woodall Mountain parking lot.
- Hike the last mile to the summit.
- Watermelon Crew providing “Watermelon Feast on the Summit.”
- There will be a short ceremony honoring the Browns’ who own Woodall Mountain.
Afternoon – Carpool from Iuka MS to one of these:
- Shiloh National Cemetery
- The Natchez Trace
- Back to the Convention Center
2:00 PM- 4:30 PM – Meetings in Presidential and Governors Rooms:
- Highpopinters Club Board Meeting.
- Highpointer Foundation Board Meeting
4:30 PM – 6:30 PM – Social – Convention Center Lobby
6:30 PM – Banquet with Emcee Don Holmes officiating
The convention is being held in the Fall due to the brutal heat that befalls the “Deep South” in the Summer.
It is understandable that some of the younger members will not be able to make it due to school commitments so that’s why it’s going to be held over Columbus Day Weekend with hope that as many as possible will be able to make it.
Information and Travel Guides:
Below is the pdf file for the Convention. You may have to download Adobe Reader to open this file.
It’s free and easy to download.
Map of locations
View Highpointers 2010 in a larger map