Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mount Rogers National Recreation Area Celebrates 50th Anniversary on May 30
- USPS To Issue Mount Rainier Star Trails Stamp
- 12 Year Old Tyler Young Prepares for Everest Climb
- Mount Mitchell State Park Plans to More Than Double in Size
- Snow Boarder Pledges Funds to Rebuild CCC Cabin on Mount Mansfield Damaged in Fire
- Mount Magazine Elevation Snow
- Tim Johnson in First Winter Bicycle Ascent of Mount Washington
- Fiery Plane Crash on Guadalupe
- Hawaii Supreme Court Voids Mauna Kea Thirty Metre Telescope Permit Over Due Process
- One Ton Generator Stolen From Black Mountain Summit
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Author Archives: roger
The Sioux City Journal has an article in its March 14, 2016, talking about the Highpointers Convention in 2015 at Hawkeye Point. The article begins, “For the first time in years, a national convention came to Osceola County…”
The 30th annual Highpointers Convention will be held August 12-13, 2016 at Red Lodge, Montana. John Mitchler will be hosting. Here’s a summary.
The 2016 Highpointers Calendar is available at the Merc.
Congratulations Frank Sutman for winning the Highpointer Facebook photo competition. BTW this was one of the first projects of Fallon Rowe who is working on increasing the club’s social media presence.
Own a DVD of the first feature film about Highpointing! At the Iowa Konvention, we had a chance to see a draft of the film American Highpoints and it looks like producers Gary, Kathleen and Mackenzie Scurka are off to … Continue reading
2015 Frank Ashley Awards to non-club members for service to highpoints were handed out at the 2015 Highpointers Convention. Award winners this year are:
The Frank Ashley Award goes to members for significant work in the year prior (it is different from the Vin Hoeman and Jack Longacre awards which reflect cumulative work).
KTIV News 4 Sioux City IA: News, Weather and Sports KTIV in Souix City has a nice piece on the Highpointers Convention focusing in particular on the father daughter visit of Gary and Eleanor Szelc.
Thanks Roger Johnson from welcomtoamerica.us for the shout out about the club in a story on climbing Whitney. Roger is weeking to earn a “Best Trippy Award” for the video.