Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Sat 6/1/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sat 6/29/2013: Cops on Top Summit for Heros
- Sat 7/6/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Fri 7/19/2013: Maine 2013 Convention
- Sat 8/3/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sat 9/7/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sun 6/29/2014: Apex Challenge 2
- Thu 7/24/2014: Highpointers 2014 Convention
- 2013 Assault on Mount Mitchell Bicycle Ride on May 20
- Package to Climb Elbert for $650
- Descendents of 1913 First Ascent of Mount McKinley Prepare Centennial Climb
- Katahdin from Lake Millinocket on January 13, 2013
- Paradise on Mount Rainier is 20 Degree Warmer Than Seattle in Bizarre Temperature Inversion
- Wounded Warrior Among 3 Injured in Tuckerman Ravine Avalanche
- Merry Christmas!
- Small Forest Fire on Mount Mansfield
- Curiosity’s Shot of Aeolis Mons on Mars Sure Looks Like Mount McKinley
- SPOT Used in Gannett Peak Rescue
- NPS Considering Dramatic Changes to Camp Muir on Mount Rainier
- Photo of Summit Stewards on Mount Marcy
- Dramatic Timelapse Video of Star Trails on Mount Washington
- New Barn Quilt Added to Hawkeye Point
- Proposal to Rename Talkeetna Ranger Station for First McKinley Climber Walter Harper
- 4 McKinley Climbers Presumed Dead in Avalanche
- Body of New Hampshire Creavasse
- Finnish Skiier Killed While Skiing Down Mount McKinley
- Unroped Climber Falls to Death While Attempting to Retrieve Backpack on McKinley
- Investigation Into How McKinley Climber Perished While Following Guide’s Orders and Another Climber Ignoring the Orders Survived
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 1st Quarter 2005 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2008 Humphreys Peak 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention About the Club Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions DC Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Interviews Iowa Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey New Products Newsletter Obituaries podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Author Archives: roger
We are delighted to post Arthur Harmon Marshall’s journal, “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills, or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation,” a 2475-page handwritten chronicle of Marshall’s entire life (1886-1951), including his fascinating highpointing adventures. Marshall was the … Continue reading
The current header photo on our page was taken on June 8, 2012, during the Highpointers Convention and is taken at the Mazamas Lodge in Government Camp, Oregon, where the club was holding its Friday social. Snow storms during the … Continue reading
The full Comedy Central Tosh.O clip featuring 50-completer Aron Ralston that aired this week is now available. It’s raunchy, bawdy, irreverent and quite unlike anything ever done. But if you’re into Tosh.O humor it’s hilarious. The skit is a web … Continue reading
The Apex 2 Challenge is seeking to place highpointers on top of every summit on June 29, 2014. Bruce Marshall led the effort on Apex 1 which occurred on June 29, 1994. He has a book for free download as … Continue reading
The new Highpointers Foundation benches on Britton Hill was featured on the June 16, 2012 issue of the Walton Sun.
Minutes (Email Session) of the Highpointers Club Board of Director July 17, 2011-June 8, 2012 Approved June 9, 2012 during the Board of Directors Meeting at Timberline Lodge, Government Camp, Oregon.
Highpointers in Oregon overwhelmingly voted to have the 2014 convention on Clingmans Dome in Tennessee. Todd Brown of Connecticut will host. There had been little fanfare leading to the vote. After no nominations were made from the floor John Mitchler … Continue reading
Non club members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon were award the Paul Zumwalt Award for their help with the club and highpointing at the 2012 Convention.
The Club made the following Frank Ashley Awards at the 2012 Convention.
Mark and Wendy Comstock as well as Miles Luke were awarded the 2012 Vin Hoeman Award at the 2012 convention.