Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Air Force Cadets Attempt to Climb “50 States 50 Summits”
- Mauna Kea Access Road Closure Possible on October 7 During 30 Meter Telescope Dedication
- Barbara Polk Washburn (1914-2014) – First Female Climber of Mount McKinley
- Second Annual Black Mountain Madness Bicycle Ride on October 4, 2014
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
- Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival June 20-21
- Baxter Closes Katahdin’s Abol Trail For Season Following Rock Slide
- 4 Climbers and 2 Guides Killed on Rainier’s Liberty Ridge
- Idaho Swarm Earthquakes Subsiding
- First Everest Summiter in 2014 Flew Up By Helicopter
- Profile of Bravo Company Which Does Helicopter Rescues on Rainier
- Climber Falls 1,000 Feet From Hood Summit
- Hood Snowpack Surges from 50 to 99% of Normal
- Mount Washington Warns on April Avalanches at Tuckerman Ravine
- Everest Jump Live Cancelled After Joby Ogwyn Loses Sherpa in Deadly Avalanche
- New York 46er Video
- North Dakota Says Public Can’t Comment on Drilling Proposals Affecting Private Land Including Impact on White Butte
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Indiana Interviews Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Category Archives: General
Rhode Island Governor Lincoln D. Chafee will attend an event at 9 a.m., Wednesday, October 22, 2014, celebrating the state acquisition of Jerimoth Hill from Brown University.
Highpointer Michael Hylland has a very nice and slick page on Highpoint Geology!
Nena & Bomber Brown, Lizzie Brammer, Valerie Naylor, Jim Hawkins and Rick Harman received Frank Ashley Awards at 2014 Highpointers Convention in Tennessee
Nena & Bomber Brown, Lizzie Brammer, Valerie Naylor, Jim Hawkins and the Jack Longacre Memorial team received Frank Ashley Awards at the 2014 Highpointers convention in Tennessee.
Kathy Dalsaso Mitchler and Alan Ritter received Vin Hoeman Awards at the Tennessee 2014 convention.
Tim Webb was received the Jakk Longacre Award, the highest award of the club, at the Tennessee 2014 convention. The nomination information is below:
Lorrie Krontz, Chris Quoyeser, AlphaGraphics Team, Shelby Arnold and Matthew Padilla receive Paul Zumwalt Awards at the Tennessee 2014 Highpointers Convention
Lorrie Krontz, Chris Quoyeser, AlphaGraphics Team, Shelby Arnold and Matthew Padilla receive Paul Zumwalt Awards at the Tennessee 2014 Highpointers Convention. Below are their nominations:
KPTV in Oregon has an interview with a Jimmy Michaels and Rene Woodhead who climbing the highest points in the United States. KPTV – FOX 12
David Kelley who gave us an awesome interactive map of state highpoints which lets you zoom into the USGS map has now done it again with county highpoints. That’s an incredible amount of work. You have to see it.
Tim Townsend was interviewed on the Davis, California, cable television station “In the Studio” about completing 50 highpoints.
Here’s the registration form for the Highpointers Convention in Tennessee.