Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Joseph Gray Wins Mount Washington Road Race in 58:15
- Brent Okita Summits Rainier for 500th Time
- Baxter Begins Requiring Katahdin Permits For AT Thru Hikers
- Denali National Park Restoring Office/Cabin of First Superintendent Henry P. “Harry” Karstens
- Mount Magazine Looking for Old Photos
- June Snow on Mauna Kea
- June Snow on Mount Washington
- Guadalupe vs. Everest: Which is Better?
- Bug Season in the Adirondacks
- Guadalupe Peak Reopens As Coyote Fire Threat Subsides
- Body of Alex Lowe found on Mount Shishapangma
- Czech Dies While Attempting to Ski Down Denali’s Messner Couloir
- Clingmans Dome Seeks Help to Repair Foundation of Summit Tower
- Guadalupe Peak Closed as Fire Spreads
- Fatalities on Everest in 4 Consecutive May Days
- Video of CCC Building Cheaha Tower
- Harney Peak Crews Clearing Beetle Damaged Trees
- Conspiracy Theories Over Mount Washington 100 MPH Wind Video
- More than 100 Earthquakes on Mount Hood on May 15-16
- US Board of Geographic Names Formally Considers Change of Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak or Thunder Peak
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Category Archives: General
The 30th annual Highpointers Convention will be held August 12-13, 2016 at Red Lodge, Montana. John Mitchler will be hosting. Here’s a summary.
Mick Dunn and Ruth Anne Heselbarth, along with Mark and Ginny Adam, welcome all of you to the Massachusetts 2017 Highpointers Konvention to be held in North Adams and the Berkshire Mountains on July 20-22, 2017. Visit the convention Facebook … Continue reading
Many thanks to John Mitchler who has spent countless hours working on a table for the 48 completers. Here’s the list that is updated every year and is released in this years Highpointers Club Directory as a supplement to the … Continue reading
Many thanks to John Mitchler who has spent countless hours working on the table for the 50 completers. Here’s the list that is updated every year and is released in this years Highpointers Club Directory as a suppliment to the newsletter “Apex to Zenith” … Continue reading
We are sorry to hear of the passing of Wendy Comstock. Wendy’s smiling and positive appearance at almost all the Club convention has been an inspiration. Among other things she and her husband Mark Comstock were always the ones giving … Continue reading
The Highpointers Foundation is sponsoring a contest to see who can photograph themselves sitting on the most Highpointers Foundation benches which are near 23 highpoints.
The Highpointers Merc has added 2 new products – a pink cap and a pink t-shirt. To complete your ensemble you can also get a pink tote bag.
Charles Mound is private property with the owners house near the summit. In its history has been closed to the public and there has been a fee. The owners have given us permission to visit the summit during daylight hours … Continue reading
Newsletter editor John Mitchler was interviewed on the ClimbTalk radio show on Radio 1190 Denver/Boulder talking about highpointing at Highpointers history.
The Sioux City Journal has an article in its March 14, 2016, talking about the Highpointers Convention in 2015 at Hawkeye Point. The article begins, “For the first time in years, a national convention came to Osceola County…”