Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Extensive Changes Planned for Abol Trail on Katahdin
- Badwater Ultramarathon Returns to Death Valley
- Air Force Cadets Attempt to Climb “50 States 50 Summits”
- Mauna Kea Access Road Closure Possible on October 7 During 30 Meter Telescope Dedication
- Barbara Polk Washburn (1914-2014) – First Female Climber of Mount McKinley
- Second Annual Black Mountain Madness Bicycle Ride on October 4, 2014
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
- Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival June 20-21
- Baxter Closes Katahdin’s Abol Trail For Season Following Rock Slide
- 4 Climbers and 2 Guides Killed on Rainier’s Liberty Ridge
- Idaho Swarm Earthquakes Subsiding
- First Everest Summiter in 2014 Flew Up By Helicopter
- Profile of Bravo Company Which Does Helicopter Rescues on Rainier
- Climber Falls 1,000 Feet From Hood Summit
- Hood Snowpack Surges from 50 to 99% of Normal
- Mount Washington Warns on April Avalanches at Tuckerman Ravine
- Everest Jump Live Cancelled After Joby Ogwyn Loses Sherpa in Deadly Avalanche
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Indiana Interviews Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2005 Mount Washington
Sharmin and Sherman Stambaugh after consultation with the committee announced the 2006 Highpointers Convention on Mount Mitchell will be the first weekend of August — August 4 and 5.
Following are the minutes of the 2005 Highpointers Club General Membership Meeting. They have been submitted by Tim Webb and are unofficial.
The 2005 Highpointers Conventions like all convention proved to be a magical time.
Don Holmes received the highest award the club can give — the Jack Longacre Award at the 2005 convention. Don gave structure to the club that Jack founded, writing its bylaws and establishing a board that cleared the way for … Continue reading
The Highpointers Club gave five Frank Ashley awards for work in South Carolina, Indiana, District of Columbia
The new private owners of the Jerimoth Hill — Jeff and Deb Mosley — authorized the Highpointers Club to build a new trail to the Jerimoth Hill summit.
A bronze plaque honoring club founder Jakk Longacre was unveiled at the 2005 convention in New Hampshire.
Jim Sutton promising “cheese” bested the Flying Urbanski brothers buckeye push in the competition for the 2007 Convention in the Midwest.
The 2005 Highpointers Convention is going to be Sept. 2-3 at Mount Washington, New Hampshire. Here’s some last minute updates and emails.
Registration for the Highpointers Club Convention is closed. However I am including this for event information.