Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Closed Indefinitely Due to Protests
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
- Mount McKinley To Be Surveyed For First Time Since 1953
- Four Plead Guilty to Posing Naked on Malaysia on Mount Kinabalu
- 66 Year Old Fatality on Mount Hood
- Caltech to Dismantle Telescope on Mauna Kea by 2018
- Peter Barr Completes Highpoints of All North Carolina Counties
- Nepal Earthquake Lowered Everest by 2.8 CM
- At least 17 Killed Avalanche at Everest Base Camp Following 7.8 Earthquake
- Protestors Arrested for Blocking Road to Mauna Kea Summit
- South Dakota Board on Geographic Names Considering Proposal to Rename Harney Peak To Black Elk Peak
- Snow Dragon Ice Cave on West Side of Mount Hood Partially Collapses
- Mount Washington Officially Second Coldest Place on Earth On February 16
- Solo Hiker Dies on Presidentials During Extreme Weather
- Proposal to Rename South Elbert to Mount William & Mary
- Kevin Jorgesona dn Tommy Caldwell Climb Yosemite’s Dawn Wall of El Capitan in 19 days
- CNN Story on Lowest Highpoints
- Lonnie Dupre Has Become the First to Solo Climb McKinley in January
- Cold Enough to Freeze Bubbles on Mount Washington
- 85-year-old Webster Groves Man Called Oldest to Summit Kilimanjaro
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2005 Mount Washington
Sharmin and Sherman Stambaugh after consultation with the committee announced the 2006 Highpointers Convention on Mount Mitchell will be the first weekend of August — August 4 and 5.
Following are the minutes of the 2005 Highpointers Club General Membership Meeting. They have been submitted by Tim Webb and are unofficial.
The 2005 Highpointers Conventions like all convention proved to be a magical time.
Don Holmes received the highest award the club can give — the Jack Longacre Award at the 2005 convention. Don gave structure to the club that Jack founded, writing its bylaws and establishing a board that cleared the way for … Continue reading
The Highpointers Club gave five Frank Ashley awards for work in South Carolina, Indiana, District of Columbia
The new private owners of the Jerimoth Hill — Jeff and Deb Mosley — authorized the Highpointers Club to build a new trail to the Jerimoth Hill summit.
A bronze plaque honoring club founder Jakk Longacre was unveiled at the 2005 convention in New Hampshire.
Jim Sutton promising “cheese” bested the Flying Urbanski brothers buckeye push in the competition for the 2007 Convention in the Midwest.
The 2005 Highpointers Convention is going to be Sept. 2-3 at Mount Washington, New Hampshire. Here’s some last minute updates and emails.
Registration for the Highpointers Club Convention is closed. However I am including this for event information.