Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
- July Snow With 120 MPH Winds Temporarily Closes Newly Reopened Mauna Kea Summit Road
- Baxter Issues Summons to Record Breaking AT Through Hiker for Corporate Event on Katahdin
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Reopens
- Michael J. Fox Climbs White Butte in Parkinson’s Disease Fundraiser
- Tallest Mountain East of the Rockies Debate
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
- Mount McKinley To Be Surveyed For First Time Since 1953
- Four Plead Guilty to Posing Naked on Malaysia on Mount Kinabalu
- 66 Year Old Fatality on Mount Hood
- Caltech to Dismantle Telescope on Mauna Kea by 2018
- Peter Barr Completes Highpoints of All North Carolina Counties
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2005 Mount Washington
Sharmin and Sherman Stambaugh after consultation with the committee announced the 2006 Highpointers Convention on Mount Mitchell will be the first weekend of August — August 4 and 5.
Following are the minutes of the 2005 Highpointers Club General Membership Meeting. They have been submitted by Tim Webb and are unofficial.
The 2005 Highpointers Conventions like all convention proved to be a magical time.
Don Holmes received the highest award the club can give — the Jack Longacre Award at the 2005 convention. Don gave structure to the club that Jack founded, writing its bylaws and establishing a board that cleared the way for … Continue reading
The Highpointers Club gave five Frank Ashley awards for work in South Carolina, Indiana, District of Columbia
The new private owners of the Jerimoth Hill — Jeff and Deb Mosley — authorized the Highpointers Club to build a new trail to the Jerimoth Hill summit.
A bronze plaque honoring club founder Jakk Longacre was unveiled at the 2005 convention in New Hampshire.
Jim Sutton promising “cheese” bested the Flying Urbanski brothers buckeye push in the competition for the 2007 Convention in the Midwest.
The 2005 Highpointers Convention is going to be Sept. 2-3 at Mount Washington, New Hampshire. Here’s some last minute updates and emails.
Registration for the Highpointers Club Convention is closed. However I am including this for event information.