Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mount Washington Officially Second Coldest Place on Earth On February 16
- Solo Hiker Dies on Presidentials During Extreme Weather
- Proposal to Rename South Elbert to Mount William & Mary
- Kevin Jorgesona dn Tommy Caldwell Climb Yosemite’s Dawn Wall of El Capitan in 19 days
- CNN Story on Lowest Highpoints
- Lonnie Dupre Has Become the First to Solo Climb McKinley in January
- Cold Enough to Freeze Bubbles on Mount Washington
- 85-year-old Webster Groves Man Called Oldest to Summit Kilimanjaro
- Nifty Video of the Cheaha Pinhoti the Turkey New Year’s Drop
- Extensive Changes Planned for Abol Trail on Katahdin
- Badwater Ultramarathon Returns to Death Valley
- Air Force Cadets Attempt to Climb “50 States 50 Summits”
- Mauna Kea Access Road Closure Possible on October 7 During 30 Meter Telescope Dedication
- Barbara Polk Washburn (1914-2014) – First Female Climber of Mount McKinley
- Second Annual Black Mountain Madness Bicycle Ride on October 4, 2014
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
- Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival June 20-21
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction South Carolina States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2007 Timms Hill
We’re starting to post some photos from the 2007 Highpointers Convention on Timms Hill. This photo is in a set on the Timms Hill summit day (including photos from the morning pancake breakfast).
Robert Hyman and Nikki Hemphill won the 2007 Vin Hoeman Awards. Robert won for decade-long effort navigating various government and local interests to get the Washington, DC highpoint surveyed and officially entered into the USGS database. Robert said the benchmark … Continue reading
Nikki Hemphill and Robert Hyman won the 2007 Vin Hoeman Award for her legendary leading the “crews” at the conventions. She’s the official convention liaison and has made organizing the conventions much easier and fun! And for good measure everybody … Continue reading
HIGHPOINTERS CLUB MEMBERSHIP MEETING WAUSAU, WISCONSIN JULY 29, 2007
MINUTES, BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING WAUSAU, WISCONSIN [technically Rothschild, not Wausau] JULY 27, 2007
Jim Sutton passes along these directions to other highpoints to visit while visiting the Convention at Timms Hill.
Jim Sutton passes along this the final schedule for events at the Highpointers Convention. Read the other articles in this thread for specific map and GPS Directions. See You in Wisconsin!
Jim Sutton passes along these language tips for the 2007 Highpointers Convention
The time is at hand to say “Cheese.” Ignore the time stamp on the article. Here’s the last minute lowdown written by Jim Sutton on July 3.
Maine won the straw poll but Steve Urbanski and Roger Rowlett were the only ones to make a formal bid for the 2009 convention and New Jersey won! The poll is still here for your amusement!