Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Fiery Plane Crash on Guadalupe
- Hawaii Supreme Court Voids Mauna Kea Thirty Metre Telescope Permit Over Due Process
- One Ton Generator Stolen From Black Mountain Summit
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
- July Snow With 120 MPH Winds Temporarily Closes Newly Reopened Mauna Kea Summit Road
- Baxter Issues Summons to Record Breaking AT Through Hiker for Corporate Event on Katahdin
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Reopens
- Michael J. Fox Climbs White Butte in Parkinson’s Disease Fundraiser
- Tallest Mountain East of the Rockies Debate
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2007 Timms Hill
We’re starting to post some photos from the 2007 Highpointers Convention on Timms Hill. This photo is in a set on the Timms Hill summit day (including photos from the morning pancake breakfast).
Robert Hyman and Nikki Hemphill won the 2007 Vin Hoeman Awards. Robert won for decade-long effort navigating various government and local interests to get the Washington, DC highpoint surveyed and officially entered into the USGS database. Robert said the benchmark … Continue reading
Nikki Hemphill and Robert Hyman won the 2007 Vin Hoeman Award for her legendary leading the “crews” at the conventions. She’s the official convention liaison and has made organizing the conventions much easier and fun! And for good measure everybody … Continue reading
HIGHPOINTERS CLUB MEMBERSHIP MEETING WAUSAU, WISCONSIN JULY 29, 2007
MINUTES, BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING WAUSAU, WISCONSIN [technically Rothschild, not Wausau] JULY 27, 2007
Jim Sutton passes along these directions to other highpoints to visit while visiting the Convention at Timms Hill.
Jim Sutton passes along this the final schedule for events at the Highpointers Convention. Read the other articles in this thread for specific map and GPS Directions. See You in Wisconsin!
Jim Sutton passes along these language tips for the 2007 Highpointers Convention
The time is at hand to say “Cheese.” Ignore the time stamp on the article. Here’s the last minute lowdown written by Jim Sutton on July 3.
Maine won the straw poll but Steve Urbanski and Roger Rowlett were the only ones to make a formal bid for the 2009 convention and New Jersey won! The poll is still here for your amusement!