Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Joseph Gray Wins Mount Washington Road Race in 58:15
- Brent Okita Summits Rainier for 500th Time
- Baxter Begins Requiring Katahdin Permits For AT Thru Hikers
- Denali National Park Restoring Office/Cabin of First Superintendent Henry P. “Harry” Karstens
- Mount Magazine Looking for Old Photos
- June Snow on Mauna Kea
- June Snow on Mount Washington
- Guadalupe vs. Everest: Which is Better?
- Bug Season in the Adirondacks
- Guadalupe Peak Reopens As Coyote Fire Threat Subsides
- Body of Alex Lowe found on Mount Shishapangma
- Czech Dies While Attempting to Ski Down Denali’s Messner Couloir
- Clingmans Dome Seeks Help to Repair Foundation of Summit Tower
- Guadalupe Peak Closed as Fire Spreads
- Fatalities on Everest in 4 Consecutive May Days
- Video of CCC Building Cheaha Tower
- Harney Peak Crews Clearing Beetle Damaged Trees
- Conspiracy Theories Over Mount Washington 100 MPH Wind Video
- More than 100 Earthquakes on Mount Hood on May 15-16
- US Board of Geographic Names Formally Considers Change of Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak or Thunder Peak
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2010 Convention
Vote for 12 Year Old Matt Moniz, who earlier this year did “All 50 Highpoints” in 42 days, as National Geographic’s People’s Choice Adventurer of the Year. The above mini movie interview was with Matt on top of Woodall Mountain … Continue reading
Charlie Feris (48 completer #11) gave a presentation on the first 10 48 completers during the 2010 Highpointers Convention. There is a colorful cast of characters and Charlie met most of them.
The Daily Corinthian in Corinth, Mississippi has a wonderful article on the 2010 convention. The article was published October 15, 2010 and headlined “Climbing Woodall: Highpointers ascend state’s highest peak” by Jebb Johnston. The article notes “Most of the people … Continue reading
Woodall Mountain Monument Dedication, Award Winners and 2012 Convention Site Among Highlights of 2010 Convention
The 2010 Highpointers Convention has concluded at Woodall Mountain, Mississippi. As usual it was another spectacular magical convention. One of the biggest highlights was the dedication of new signs at the base of the mountain and a monument rock and … Continue reading
Membership Guy Craig Noland was awarded the club’s highest award — the Jakk Longacre Award — at the 2010 Convention.
Club President Jim Sutton, who first instituted a budget for the club, received the Vin Hoeman Award at the 2010 Highpointers Convention. The nomination for Jim said:
Registration has started for the 2010 Highpointers Club Annual Convention It will be Held October 7th – 9th Highlighting the Mississippi Highpoint on Woodall Mountain.