Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Fiery Plane Crash on Guadalupe
- Hawaii Supreme Court Voids Mauna Kea Thirty Metre Telescope Permit Over Due Process
- One Ton Generator Stolen From Black Mountain Summit
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
- July Snow With 120 MPH Winds Temporarily Closes Newly Reopened Mauna Kea Summit Road
- Baxter Issues Summons to Record Breaking AT Through Hiker for Corporate Event on Katahdin
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Reopens
- Michael J. Fox Climbs White Butte in Parkinson’s Disease Fundraiser
- Tallest Mountain East of the Rockies Debate
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2010 Convention
Vote for 12 Year Old Matt Moniz, who earlier this year did “All 50 Highpoints” in 42 days, as National Geographic’s People’s Choice Adventurer of the Year. The above mini movie interview was with Matt on top of Woodall Mountain … Continue reading
Charlie Feris (48 completer #11) gave a presentation on the first 10 48 completers during the 2010 Highpointers Convention. There is a colorful cast of characters and Charlie met most of them.
The Daily Corinthian in Corinth, Mississippi has a wonderful article on the 2010 convention. The article was published October 15, 2010 and headlined “Climbing Woodall: Highpointers ascend state’s highest peak” by Jebb Johnston. The article notes “Most of the people … Continue reading
Woodall Mountain Monument Dedication, Award Winners and 2012 Convention Site Among Highlights of 2010 Convention
The 2010 Highpointers Convention has concluded at Woodall Mountain, Mississippi. As usual it was another spectacular magical convention. One of the biggest highlights was the dedication of new signs at the base of the mountain and a monument rock and … Continue reading
Membership Guy Craig Noland was awarded the club’s highest award — the Jakk Longacre Award — at the 2010 Convention.
Club President Jim Sutton, who first instituted a budget for the club, received the Vin Hoeman Award at the 2010 Highpointers Convention. The nomination for Jim said:
Registration has started for the 2010 Highpointers Club Annual Convention It will be Held October 7th – 9th Highlighting the Mississippi Highpoint on Woodall Mountain.