Upcoming Highpointer Events
- USPS To Issue Mount Rainier Star Trails Stamp
- 12 Year Old Tyler Young Prepares for Everest Climb
- Mount Mitchell State Park Plans to More Than Double in Size
- Snow Boarder Pledges Funds to Rebuild CCC Cabin on Mount Mansfield Damaged in Fire
- Mount Magazine Elevation Snow
- Tim Johnson in First Winter Bicycle Ascent of Mount Washington
- Fiery Plane Crash on Guadalupe
- Hawaii Supreme Court Voids Mauna Kea Thirty Metre Telescope Permit Over Due Process
- One Ton Generator Stolen From Black Mountain Summit
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2011 Convention
The Air Force Radar Museum Association has got permission to build the National Air Defense Radar Museum atop one of the former radar buildings atop Campbell Hill. The radars in Bellefontaine were part of the 664th Aircraft Control and Warning … Continue reading
Club members who received the Frank Ashley Award at the 2011 convention included Bob Brown, a honorary member who is the son of the Mississippi highpoint and became the owner when Bob’s father died shortly before the convention; and Sid … Continue reading
Recipients of the Paul Zumwalt Award during the Ohio 2011 convention include:
Members of the Board of Directors of the Highpointers Foundation met in Ohio. They include: Front row: Keith Radford, Carol Radford, Donna Hawkins, Jim Hawkins, John Hasch Back row (seated): Fred Lobdell, Dave Covill, Roy Wallen, Paul Pontiff Back row … Continue reading
Congratulations 2011 Vin Hoeman winners Charlie Feris and Gary White who received the award at the 2011 convention in Ohio. Charlie has met every 50 completer except two and has written an amazing history of completers. He is also hosting … Continue reading
Congratultions, Mother Merc Jean Trousdale on winning the Jakk Longacre Award during club’s 2011 convention in Ohio.
Below are the minutes of the Highpointers Club General Memberhip on July 16, 2011. They were approved by the Board of Directors on June 9, 2012.
The Bellefontaine Examiner of July 15, 2011 under the headline “Hitting the high point” featured a photo of Cassandra Hayes registering on the Campbell Hill summit marker itself. Nikki Hemphill is at the desk and Jean Trousdale is on the … Continue reading
Following is a schedule of events for the Highpointers Convention July 14-17 in Ohio.
Here’s the low down on the Ohio 2011 convention on July 14-16 *Registration Form * Accommodations Information *General Information *Activities *Other things to do