Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Snow Dragon Ice Cave on West Side of Mount Hood Partially Collapses
- Mount Washington Officially Second Coldest Place on Earth On February 16
- Solo Hiker Dies on Presidentials During Extreme Weather
- Proposal to Rename South Elbert to Mount William & Mary
- Kevin Jorgesona dn Tommy Caldwell Climb Yosemite’s Dawn Wall of El Capitan in 19 days
- CNN Story on Lowest Highpoints
- Lonnie Dupre Has Become the First to Solo Climb McKinley in January
- Cold Enough to Freeze Bubbles on Mount Washington
- 85-year-old Webster Groves Man Called Oldest to Summit Kilimanjaro
- Nifty Video of the Cheaha Pinhoti the Turkey New Year’s Drop
- Extensive Changes Planned for Abol Trail on Katahdin
- Badwater Ultramarathon Returns to Death Valley
- Air Force Cadets Attempt to Climb “50 States 50 Summits”
- Mauna Kea Access Road Closure Possible on October 7 During 30 Meter Telescope Dedication
- Barbara Polk Washburn (1914-2014) – First Female Climber of Mount McKinley
- Second Annual Black Mountain Madness Bicycle Ride on October 4, 2014
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction South Carolina States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2012 Convention
Tennessee convention host Todd Brown talks about plans for the 2014 convention during the 2013 convention in Maine.
We are delighted to post Arthur Harmon Marshall’s journal, “A Mountain From Some Mole Hills, or the Wanderings of a Telegrapher on Vacation,” a 2475-page handwritten chronicle of Marshall’s entire life (1886-1951), including his fascinating highpointing adventures. Marshall was the … Continue reading
Non club members in Colorado, Maryland, Nebraska and Oregon were award the Paul Zumwalt Award for their help with the club and highpointing at the 2012 Convention.
The Club made the following Frank Ashley Awards at the 2012 Convention.
Mark and Wendy Comstock as well as Miles Luke were awarded the 2012 Vin Hoeman Award at the 2012 convention.
Here’s Charlie Feris’ tips (updated on May 26, 2012) on things on the convention: *Rainy Day escapes *Convention tips *Government Camp tips Below is the information on the registration and other newsletter items on the convention: Here’s the 2012 Oregon … Continue reading
Those attending the Highpointers convention over Columbus Day weekend in Mississippi will select the site of the 2012 convention which will be in the western region (the hosts rotate – this year is south, next year is midwest, 2012 will … Continue reading