Upcoming Highpointer Events
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
- July Snow With 120 MPH Winds Temporarily Closes Newly Reopened Mauna Kea Summit Road
- Baxter Issues Summons to Record Breaking AT Through Hiker for Corporate Event on Katahdin
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Reopens
- Michael J. Fox Climbs White Butte in Parkinson’s Disease Fundraiser
- Tallest Mountain East of the Rockies Debate
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
- Mount McKinley To Be Surveyed For First Time Since 1953
- Four Plead Guilty to Posing Naked on Malaysia on Mount Kinabalu
- 66 Year Old Fatality on Mount Hood
- Caltech to Dismantle Telescope on Mauna Kea by 2018
- Peter Barr Completes Highpoints of All North Carolina Counties
- Nepal Earthquake Lowered Everest by 2.8 CM
- At least 17 Killed Avalanche at Everest Base Camp Following 7.8 Earthquake
- Protestors Arrested for Blocking Road to Mauna Kea Summit
- South Dakota Board on Geographic Names Considering Proposal to Rename Harney Peak To Black Elk Peak
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: 2013 Convention
Below are the minutes of the Highpointers General Membership Meeting July 20, 2013 at Elks Lodge, Millinocket, Maine.
Mick and Ruth Anne at the Friday social during the Maine 2013 convention. The Huffington Post has a nifty interview with Maine 2013 host Mick Dunn.
The Highpointers Foundation met during the convention on July 20, 2013 in Maine.
Bruce Marshall presentation at the 2013 Maine convention talking about the challenge. The Apex 2 Challenge is seeking to place highpointers on top of every summit on June 29, 2019. Bruce Marshall led the effort on Apex 1 which occurred … Continue reading
Joseph “Mitch” Michaud (February 12, 1928-May 2, 2013) who was the second person to complete all 50 states when he did it on December 4, 1970, passed at his family home in Worcester, Massachusetts.
John Mitchler at the Maine 2013 convention reported on those who completed since the 2012 convention. There have been 11 50-state completers and 19 48 state completers.
Club President Tim Webb presented brief highlights of the Club’s board of directors meeting in Maine on June 20, 2013 Probably the biggest news was that ownership of the Jakk Longacre Memorial on Russell Mountain on the approach to Taum … Continue reading
While it seems Highpointers always somehow easily find each other not suprisingly on highpoints, Tim Townsend has proposed a very funny good natured “secret handshake.” Tim, who completed his 50th state in 2013, explained the handshake to George Johnson during … Continue reading
Karin Harmon, Malcolm Whitney Stebbins, Leslie Skellenger, Tani Livick and Rhonda Bateman Receive Paul Zumwalt Awards at 2013 Convention
Malcolm Whitney Stebbins, Leslie Skellenger, Tani Livick and Rhonda Bateman received Paul Zumwalt Awards at the 2013 Convention. Here’s their nominations:
Mark Adam, Kenyon Rainier Stebbins, Lyle & Kathy Blomberg, Bill Guenther, Blaine and Linda Sorenson, Al Dempsey, Mick Dunn Receive Frank Ashley Awards at 2013 Convention
Receiving the Frank Ashley Awards at the 2013 Convention were Mick Dunn, Mark Adam, Al Dempsey, and Bill Gunther. Those receiving the award but not attending were Kenyon Rainier Stebbins, Lyle & Kathy Blomberg, and Blaine and Linda Sorenson. Here’s … Continue reading