Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Video of CCC Building Cheaha Tower
- Harney Peak Crews Clearing Beetle Damaged Trees
- Conspiracy Theories Over Mount Washington 100 MPH Wind Video
- More than 100 Earthquakes on Mount Hood on May 15-16
- US Board of Geographic Names Formally Considers Change of Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak or Thunder Peak
- Mount Rogers National Recreation Area Celebrates 50th Anniversary on May 30
- USPS To Issue Mount Rainier Star Trails Stamp
- 12 Year Old Tyler Young Prepares for Everest Climb
- Mount Mitchell State Park Plans to More Than Double in Size
- Snow Boarder Pledges Funds to Rebuild CCC Cabin on Mount Mansfield Damaged in Fire
- Mount Magazine Elevation Snow
- Tim Johnson in First Winter Bicycle Ascent of Mount Washington
- Fiery Plane Crash on Guadalupe
- Hawaii Supreme Court Voids Mauna Kea Thirty Metre Telescope Permit Over Due Process
- One Ton Generator Stolen From Black Mountain Summit
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Access Restrictions
Charles Mound is private property with the owners house near the summit. In its history has been closed to the public and there has been a fee. The owners have given us permission to visit the summit during daylight hours … Continue reading
UPDATE MAY 3, 2010 Penn Virginia has moved to a new location and changed its legal name. Please send the release to the new Penn Virginia. If you are sending to any other address than the one a 7 Sheridan … Continue reading
Tower construction is complete and they are “unofficially” open to the public. They should have an official opening next month but we are not keeping visitors from the tower. Access to Mount Mitchell State Park is limited to the Northeast end of … Continue reading
Jeff & Debbie Mosley, the new owners of Jerimoth Hill, have dramatically changed the access rules. They are permitting highpointers to visit the highpoint from 8 a.m. to 4p.m. 52 weeks a year!
Charles Mound is now open only the frist weeks of June, July, August and September. (the weekend being Saturday and Sunday. Owners Jean and Wayne Wuebbels also advise no pets!
High Point, NJ, is scheduled to open by Friday, July 8 following a budget shutdown.
Wheeler Peak has reopen following fire restrictions.
Don Holmes reports that the new owners of White Butte — Daryle and Mary Dennis — are going to permit continued access and have dropped the entrance charge to $10/car. This is very generous especially considering there was talk of … Continue reading
Thanks to Highpointers Gene and Lillian Elliott, visitation to this highpoint is permitted despite opposition from the neighboring Backbone Subdivision. DO NOT VISIT the highpoint by going through the Backbone Subdivision. Rather, go a mile into West Virginia and you will see … Continue reading