Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Sat 6/1/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sat 6/29/2013: Cops on Top Summit for Heros
- Sat 7/6/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Fri 7/19/2013: Maine 2013 Convention
- Sat 8/3/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sat 9/7/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sun 6/29/2014: Apex Challenge 2
- Thu 7/24/2014: Highpointers 2014 Convention
- 2013 Assault on Mount Mitchell Bicycle Ride on May 20
- Package to Climb Elbert for $650
- Descendents of 1913 First Ascent of Mount McKinley Prepare Centennial Climb
- Katahdin from Lake Millinocket on January 13, 2013
- Paradise on Mount Rainier is 20 Degree Warmer Than Seattle in Bizarre Temperature Inversion
- Wounded Warrior Among 3 Injured in Tuckerman Ravine Avalanche
- Merry Christmas!
- Small Forest Fire on Mount Mansfield
- Curiosity’s Shot of Aeolis Mons on Mars Sure Looks Like Mount McKinley
- SPOT Used in Gannett Peak Rescue
- NPS Considering Dramatic Changes to Camp Muir on Mount Rainier
- Photo of Summit Stewards on Mount Marcy
- Dramatic Timelapse Video of Star Trails on Mount Washington
- New Barn Quilt Added to Hawkeye Point
- Proposal to Rename Talkeetna Ranger Station for First McKinley Climber Walter Harper
- 4 McKinley Climbers Presumed Dead in Avalanche
- Body of New Hampshire Creavasse
- Finnish Skiier Killed While Skiing Down Mount McKinley
- Unroped Climber Falls to Death While Attempting to Retrieve Backpack on McKinley
- Investigation Into How McKinley Climber Perished While Following Guide’s Orders and Another Climber Ignoring the Orders Survived
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 1st Quarter 2005 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2008 Humphreys Peak 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention About the Club Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions DC Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Interviews Iowa Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey New Products Newsletter Obituaries podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Access Restrictions
Charles Mound is private property with the owners house near the summit. In its history has been closed to the public and there has been a fee. The owners have given us permission to visit the summit during daylight hours … Continue reading
UPDATE MAY 3, 2010 Penn Virginia has moved to a new location and changed its legal name. Please send the release to the new Penn Virginia. If you are sending to any other address than the one a 7 Sheridan … Continue reading
Tower construction is complete and they are “unofficially” open to the public. They should have an official opening next month but we are not keeping visitors from the tower. Access to Mount Mitchell State Park is limited to the Northeast end of … Continue reading
Jeff & Debbie Mosley, the new owners of Jerimoth Hill, have dramatically changed the access rules. They are permitting highpointers to visit the highpoint from 8 a.m. to 4p.m. 52 weeks a year!
Charles Mound is now open only the frist weeks of June, July, August and September. (the weekend being Saturday and Sunday. Owners Jean and Wayne Wuebbels also advise no pets!
High Point, NJ, is scheduled to open by Friday, July 8 following a budget shutdown.
Wheeler Peak has reopen following fire restrictions.
Don Holmes reports that the new owners of White Butte — Daryle and Mary Dennis — are going to permit continued access and have dropped the entrance charge to $10/car. This is very generous especially considering there was talk of … Continue reading
Thanks to Highpointers Gene and Lillian Elliott, visitation to this highpoint is permitted despite opposition from the neighboring Backbone Subdivision. DO NOT VISIT the highpoint by going through the Backbone Subdivision. Rather, go a mile into West Virginia and you will see … Continue reading