Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mount Washington Officially Second Coldest Place on Earth On February 16
- Solo Hiker Dies on Presidentials During Extreme Weather
- Proposal to Rename South Elbert to Mount William & Mary
- Kevin Jorgesona dn Tommy Caldwell Climb Yosemite’s Dawn Wall of El Capitan in 19 days
- CNN Story on Lowest Highpoints
- Lonnie Dupre Has Become the First to Solo Climb McKinley in January
- Cold Enough to Freeze Bubbles on Mount Washington
- 85-year-old Webster Groves Man Called Oldest to Summit Kilimanjaro
- Nifty Video of the Cheaha Pinhoti the Turkey New Year’s Drop
- Extensive Changes Planned for Abol Trail on Katahdin
- Badwater Ultramarathon Returns to Death Valley
- Air Force Cadets Attempt to Climb “50 States 50 Summits”
- Mauna Kea Access Road Closure Possible on October 7 During 30 Meter Telescope Dedication
- Barbara Polk Washburn (1914-2014) – First Female Climber of Mount McKinley
- Second Annual Black Mountain Madness Bicycle Ride on October 4, 2014
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
- Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival June 20-21
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction South Carolina States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Access Restrictions
Charles Mound is private property with the owners house near the summit. In its history has been closed to the public and there has been a fee. The owners have given us permission to visit the summit during daylight hours … Continue reading
UPDATE MAY 3, 2010 Penn Virginia has moved to a new location and changed its legal name. Please send the release to the new Penn Virginia. If you are sending to any other address than the one a 7 Sheridan … Continue reading
Tower construction is complete and they are “unofficially” open to the public. They should have an official opening next month but we are not keeping visitors from the tower. Access to Mount Mitchell State Park is limited to the Northeast end of … Continue reading
Jeff & Debbie Mosley, the new owners of Jerimoth Hill, have dramatically changed the access rules. They are permitting highpointers to visit the highpoint from 8 a.m. to 4p.m. 52 weeks a year!
Charles Mound is now open only the frist weeks of June, July, August and September. (the weekend being Saturday and Sunday. Owners Jean and Wayne Wuebbels also advise no pets!
High Point, NJ, is scheduled to open by Friday, July 8 following a budget shutdown.
Wheeler Peak has reopen following fire restrictions.
Don Holmes reports that the new owners of White Butte — Daryle and Mary Dennis — are going to permit continued access and have dropped the entrance charge to $10/car. This is very generous especially considering there was talk of … Continue reading
Thanks to Highpointers Gene and Lillian Elliott, visitation to this highpoint is permitted despite opposition from the neighboring Backbone Subdivision. DO NOT VISIT the highpoint by going through the Backbone Subdivision. Rather, go a mile into West Virginia and you will see … Continue reading