Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
- July Snow With 120 MPH Winds Temporarily Closes Newly Reopened Mauna Kea Summit Road
- Baxter Issues Summons to Record Breaking AT Through Hiker for Corporate Event on Katahdin
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Reopens
- Michael J. Fox Climbs White Butte in Parkinson’s Disease Fundraiser
- Tallest Mountain East of the Rockies Debate
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
- Mount McKinley To Be Surveyed For First Time Since 1953
- Four Plead Guilty to Posing Naked on Malaysia on Mount Kinabalu
- 66 Year Old Fatality on Mount Hood
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Charity Climbs
Congratulations to the more than 700 Cops on Top who summited on June 25 in the Summit for Heroes on almost every highpoint in the country. This event includes several Highpointers including the founder Keith McPheeters of the Farmington New … Continue reading
Cops on Top is planning its fifth consecutive year in which it will try to have climbers visit state summits. This year the event takes place on June 26, 2010.
Mark Zimmer, from Grand Rapids, is seeking to climb all 50 states to raise money for Alzheimers via Summit Up. Mark’s efforts have gotten considerable publicity including mention by Leeza Gibbons, radio interviews, and interviews in Michigan newspapers.
Climb Up so Kids Can Grow Up is seeking climbers to participate in a climb of all 50 states on June 26 – July 5, 2010 to raise money for children with AIDS. This organization is not affiliated with the … Continue reading
On July 25, 2008, Denver science teacher Mike Haugen and climbing partner Zach Price completed the Coleman 50 Days in 50 States Challenge ahead of schedule at 45 days, 19 hours and 2 minutes. This was faster than Ben Jones … Continue reading
50-50-1 is attempting for the third consecutive year to climb all 50 states in one day to raise money for cancer. The effort is not affiliated with the Highpointers Club. Visit their page or the Climb for Cancer page.