Upcoming Highpointer Events
- J.K. Rowling Names Mount Greylock as Site of North American Hogwarts
- Feral Sheep to Removed from Mauna Kea
- Father and Daughter Greg and Vanessa Blasic Climb 7 Summits
- Musical Homage to Mount Rainier To Premiere May 17, 2017
- Jon Kedrowski Attempt to Climb and Ski Down all Colorado Fourteeners Stirs Controversy
- Joseph Gray Wins Mount Washington Road Race in 58:15
- Brent Okita Summits Rainier for 500th Time
- Baxter Begins Requiring Katahdin Permits For AT Thru Hikers
- Denali National Park Restoring Office/Cabin of First Superintendent Henry P. “Harry” Karstens
- Mount Magazine Looking for Old Photos
- June Snow on Mauna Kea
- June Snow on Mount Washington
- Guadalupe vs. Everest: Which is Better?
- Bug Season in the Adirondacks
- Guadalupe Peak Reopens As Coyote Fire Threat Subsides
- Body of Alex Lowe found on Mount Shishapangma
- Czech Dies While Attempting to Ski Down Denali’s Messner Couloir
- Clingmans Dome Seeks Help to Repair Foundation of Summit Tower
- Guadalupe Peak Closed as Fire Spreads
- Fatalities on Everest in 4 Consecutive May Days
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Charity Climbs
Congratulations to the more than 700 Cops on Top who summited on June 25 in the Summit for Heroes on almost every highpoint in the country. This event includes several Highpointers including the founder Keith McPheeters of the Farmington New … Continue reading
Cops on Top is planning its fifth consecutive year in which it will try to have climbers visit state summits. This year the event takes place on June 26, 2010.
Mark Zimmer, from Grand Rapids, is seeking to climb all 50 states to raise money for Alzheimers via Summit Up. Mark’s efforts have gotten considerable publicity including mention by Leeza Gibbons, radio interviews, and interviews in Michigan newspapers.
Climb Up so Kids Can Grow Up is seeking climbers to participate in a climb of all 50 states on June 26 – July 5, 2010 to raise money for children with AIDS. This organization is not affiliated with the … Continue reading
On July 25, 2008, Denver science teacher Mike Haugen and climbing partner Zach Price completed the Coleman 50 Days in 50 States Challenge ahead of schedule at 45 days, 19 hours and 2 minutes. This was faster than Ben Jones … Continue reading
50-50-1 is attempting for the third consecutive year to climb all 50 states in one day to raise money for cancer. The effort is not affiliated with the Highpointers Club. Visit their page or the Climb for Cancer page.