Upcoming Highpointer Events
- One Ton Generator Stolen From Black Mountain Summit
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
- July Snow With 120 MPH Winds Temporarily Closes Newly Reopened Mauna Kea Summit Road
- Baxter Issues Summons to Record Breaking AT Through Hiker for Corporate Event on Katahdin
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Reopens
- Michael J. Fox Climbs White Butte in Parkinson’s Disease Fundraiser
- Tallest Mountain East of the Rockies Debate
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
- Mount McKinley To Be Surveyed For First Time Since 1953
- Four Plead Guilty to Posing Naked on Malaysia on Mount Kinabalu
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Conventions
The Highpointers Annual Convention and Membership Meetings rotate from region to region and are held in one of four geographical areas in the United States each year. For those who have the “Highpoint Calling” they’re an almost religious experiences where you … Continue reading
Following is the convention agreement between the convention host and the board of directors as approved in January 2012.
Those attending the Highpointers convention over Columbus Day weekend in Mississippi will select the site of the 2012 convention which will be in the western region (the hosts rotate – this year is south, next year is midwest, 2012 will … Continue reading
Advance registration for the Highpointers Convention Aug. 4-5 in North Carolina is now closed.
The Super 8 and Blue Ridge Conference Center , 1329 Tunnel Rd., Asheville, NC 28805, is the host site of teh 2006 Convention.
The Highpointers 2006 Convention will be Aug. 4-5 near Mount Mitchell, NC.
The Asheville East will be the host campsite for the 2006 Highpointers Convention.
Sharmin and Sherman Stambaugh after consultation with the committee announced the 2006 Highpointers Convention on Mount Mitchell will be the first weekend of August — August 4 and 5.
The 2005 Highpointers Conventions like all convention proved to be a magical time.