Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
- July Snow With 120 MPH Winds Temporarily Closes Newly Reopened Mauna Kea Summit Road
- Baxter Issues Summons to Record Breaking AT Through Hiker for Corporate Event on Katahdin
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Reopens
- Michael J. Fox Climbs White Butte in Parkinson’s Disease Fundraiser
- Tallest Mountain East of the Rockies Debate
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
- Mount McKinley To Be Surveyed For First Time Since 1953
- Four Plead Guilty to Posing Naked on Malaysia on Mount Kinabalu
- 66 Year Old Fatality on Mount Hood
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Frank Ashley Awards
2015 Frank Ashley Awards to non-club members for service to highpoints were handed out at the 2015 Highpointers Convention. Award winners this year are:
The Frank Ashley Award goes to members for significant work in the year prior (it is different from the Vin Hoeman and Jack Longacre awards which reflect cumulative work).
Nena & Bomber Brown, Lizzie Brammer, Valerie Naylor, Jim Hawkins and Rick Hartman received Frank Ashley Awards at 2014 Highpointers Convention in Tennessee
Nena & Bomber Brown, Lizzie Brammer, Valerie Naylor, Jim Hawkins and the Jack Longacre Memorial team received Frank Ashley Awards at the 2014 Highpointers convention in Tennessee.
Mark Adam, Kenyon Rainier Stebbins, Lyle & Kathy Blomberg, Bill Guenther, Blaine and Linda Sorenson, Al Dempsey, Mick Dunn Receive Frank Ashley Awards at 2013 Convention
Receiving the Frank Ashley Awards at the 2013 Convention were Mick Dunn, Mark Adam, Al Dempsey, and Bill Gunther. Those receiving the award but not attending were Kenyon Rainier Stebbins, Lyle & Kathy Blomberg, and Blaine and Linda Sorenson. Here’s … Continue reading
The Club made the following Frank Ashley Awards at the 2012 Convention.
We are happy to see the Easley Patch reporting on Sid Collins receiving the Frank Ashley Award for his work on Sassafras Mountain. The award was presented at an Easley Kiwannis Club by Chamber of Commerce President Kent Dykes.
Club members who received the Frank Ashley Award at the 2011 convention included Bob Brown, a honorary member who is the son of the Mississippi highpoint and became the owner when Bob’s father died shortly before the convention; and Sid … Continue reading
The Frank Ashley Award named after the author of the first state highpointing guidebook, is bestowed “in recognition for significant volunteer service to the Club in the year prir to the annual membership meeting.” Any member can nominate a candidate. … Continue reading