Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mount Washington Officially Second Coldest Place on Earth On February 16
- Solo Hiker Dies on Presidentials During Extreme Weather
- Proposal to Rename South Elbert to Mount William & Mary
- Kevin Jorgesona dn Tommy Caldwell Climb Yosemite’s Dawn Wall of El Capitan in 19 days
- CNN Story on Lowest Highpoints
- Lonnie Dupre Has Become the First to Solo Climb McKinley in January
- Cold Enough to Freeze Bubbles on Mount Washington
- 85-year-old Webster Groves Man Called Oldest to Summit Kilimanjaro
- Nifty Video of the Cheaha Pinhoti the Turkey New Year’s Drop
- Extensive Changes Planned for Abol Trail on Katahdin
- Badwater Ultramarathon Returns to Death Valley
- Air Force Cadets Attempt to Climb “50 States 50 Summits”
- Mauna Kea Access Road Closure Possible on October 7 During 30 Meter Telescope Dedication
- Barbara Polk Washburn (1914-2014) – First Female Climber of Mount McKinley
- Second Annual Black Mountain Madness Bicycle Ride on October 4, 2014
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
- Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival June 20-21
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction South Carolina States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Frank Ashley Awards
Nena & Bomber Brown, Lizzie Brammer, Valerie Naylor, Jim Hawkins and Rick Harman received Frank Ashley Awards at 2014 Highpointers Convention in Tennessee
Nena & Bomber Brown, Lizzie Brammer, Valerie Naylor, Jim Hawkins and the Jack Longacre Memorial team received Frank Ashley Awards at the 2014 Highpointers convention in Tennessee.
Mark Adam, Kenyon Rainier Stebbins, Lyle & Kathy Blomberg, Bill Guenther, Blaine and Linda Sorenson, Al Dempsey, Mick Dunn Receive Frank Ashley Awards at 2013 Convention
Receiving the Frank Ashley Awards at the 2013 Convention were Mick Dunn, Mark Adam, Al Dempsey, and Bill Gunther. Those receiving the award but not attending were Kenyon Rainier Stebbins, Lyle & Kathy Blomberg, and Blaine and Linda Sorenson. Here’s … Continue reading
The Club made the following Frank Ashley Awards at the 2012 Convention.
We are happy to see the Easley Patch reporting on Sid Collins receiving the Frank Ashley Award for his work on Sassafras Mountain. The award was presented at an Easley Kiwannis Club by Chamber of Commerce President Kent Dykes.
Club members who received the Frank Ashley Award at the 2011 convention included Bob Brown, a honorary member who is the son of the Mississippi highpoint and became the owner when Bob’s father died shortly before the convention; and Sid … Continue reading
The Frank Ashley Award goes to members for significant work in the year prior (it is different from the Vin Hoeman and Jack Longacre awards which reflect work).
The Frank Ashley Award named after the author of the first state highpointing guidebook, is bestowed “in recognition for significant volunteer service to the Club in the year prir to the annual membership meeting.” Any member can nominate a candidate. … Continue reading