Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mount Rogers National Recreation Area Celebrates 50th Anniversary on May 30
- USPS To Issue Mount Rainier Star Trails Stamp
- 12 Year Old Tyler Young Prepares for Everest Climb
- Mount Mitchell State Park Plans to More Than Double in Size
- Snow Boarder Pledges Funds to Rebuild CCC Cabin on Mount Mansfield Damaged in Fire
- Mount Magazine Elevation Snow
- Tim Johnson in First Winter Bicycle Ascent of Mount Washington
- Fiery Plane Crash on Guadalupe
- Hawaii Supreme Court Voids Mauna Kea Thirty Metre Telescope Permit Over Due Process
- One Ton Generator Stolen From Black Mountain Summit
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: General
The 2016 Highpointers Calendar is available at the Merc.
The Highpointers Annual Convention and Membership Meetings rotate from region to region and are held in one of four geographical areas in the United States each year. For those who have the “Highpoint Calling” they’re an almost religious experiences where you … Continue reading
Membership Guy Craig Noland’s October 27, 2010 e-news is out. You can read it online in its full html glory here.
Charlie Feris (48 completer #11) gave a presentation on the first 10 48 completers during the 2010 Highpointers Convention. There is a colorful cast of characters and Charlie met most of them.
Peter Mandel on the Providence Journal mentions corresponding with the Highpointers Club and the accompanying photo shows the Club signs on Jerimoth Hill in an article on October 17, 2010 headlined “How my assault on Jerimouth Hill came up short.”
Woodall Mountain Monument Dedication, Award Winners and 2012 Convention Site Among Highlights of 2010 Convention
The 2010 Highpointers Convention has concluded at Woodall Mountain, Mississippi. As usual it was another spectacular magical convention. One of the biggest highlights was the dedication of new signs at the base of the mountain and a monument rock and … Continue reading
We just posted the entire Don Holmes roast at the Highpointers Convention in High Point, New Jersey, on August 1, 2009. It’s in full 1080p glory. We didn’t have the computer firepower to post it last year. Part 1 Urbanski … Continue reading
United Airlines Hempisheres Inflight in an article headlined “Three Perfect Days: Denver” pays tribute to the Bradford Washburn American Mountaineering Museum in Golden which it says “home of the world’s largest alpinist library. Guide Dave Turk has a story for … Continue reading
New “Highpointers Connectior” blog at: http://highpointersclub.blogspot.com/ Here you can hook up with parters for highpointing, swap/find gear, post about books… Add to it and enjoy it. any ideas, just pass them along. As you’ve noticed, there have been some changes … Continue reading