Upcoming Highpointer Events
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
- July Snow With 120 MPH Winds Temporarily Closes Newly Reopened Mauna Kea Summit Road
- Baxter Issues Summons to Record Breaking AT Through Hiker for Corporate Event on Katahdin
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Reopens
- Michael J. Fox Climbs White Butte in Parkinson’s Disease Fundraiser
- Tallest Mountain East of the Rockies Debate
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
- Mount McKinley To Be Surveyed For First Time Since 1953
- Four Plead Guilty to Posing Naked on Malaysia on Mount Kinabalu
- 66 Year Old Fatality on Mount Hood
- Caltech to Dismantle Telescope on Mauna Kea by 2018
- Peter Barr Completes Highpoints of All North Carolina Counties
- Nepal Earthquake Lowered Everest by 2.8 CM
- At least 17 Killed Avalanche at Everest Base Camp Following 7.8 Earthquake
- Protestors Arrested for Blocking Road to Mauna Kea Summit
- South Dakota Board on Geographic Names Considering Proposal to Rename Harney Peak To Black Elk Peak
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Member Updates
Connecticut Outdoors has a nice article “Reaching the Top of America” by Dirk Langefled that includes an interview with Club President Time Webb.
Highpointer Michael Hylland has a very nice and slick page on Highpoint Geology!
Tim Townsend was interviewed on the Davis, California, cable television station “In the Studio” about completing 50 highpoints.
Various publications are running a story about John Niedermeier completing all 50 highpoints.
The Lake County News-Sun has an article on 50-completer Tim Townsend. Always quotable Tim was at the Maine convention in Millenocket and his blogs of his adventures have been around for more than 15 years. We last posted here on … Continue reading
Mick and Ruth Anne at the Friday social during the Maine 2013 convention. The Huffington Post has a nifty interview with Maine 2013 host Mick Dunn.
Congratulations to Alan Ritter on receiving the Silver Beaver Award on May 28, 2013, from the Boy Scouts of America Greater St. Louis Council. Alan who has been a Highpointers board members has maintained the Jakk Longacre Memorial on the … Continue reading
NBC Connectictut interviewed Todd Brown who was running in the Boston Marathon on the dApril 15, 2013 day of the bombing. We are of course glad that Todd who is host of the 2014 Tennessee convention as well as Bill … Continue reading
The full Comedy Central Tosh.O clip featuring 50-completer Aron Ralston that aired this week is now available. It’s raunchy, bawdy, irreverent and quite unlike anything ever done. But if you’re into Tosh.O humor it’s hilarious. The skit is a web … Continue reading
Club member Mike Bayer has this nifty 3 part Gannett Epic climb adventure on Youtube.