Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Willamette Week: Where People Fall and Die on Mount Hood
- J.K. Rowling Names Mount Greylock as Site of North American Hogwarts
- Feral Sheep to Removed from Mauna Kea
- Father and Daughter Greg and Vanessa Blasic Climb 7 Summits
- Musical Homage to Mount Rainier To Premiere May 17, 2017
- Jon Kedrowski Attempt to Climb and Ski Down all Colorado Fourteeners Stirs Controversy
- Joseph Gray Wins Mount Washington Road Race in 58:15
- Brent Okita Summits Rainier for 500th Time
- Baxter Begins Requiring Katahdin Permits For AT Thru Hikers
- Denali National Park Restoring Office/Cabin of First Superintendent Henry P. “Harry” Karstens
- Mount Magazine Looking for Old Photos
- June Snow on Mauna Kea
- June Snow on Mount Washington
- Guadalupe vs. Everest: Which is Better?
- Bug Season in the Adirondacks
- Guadalupe Peak Reopens As Coyote Fire Threat Subsides
- Body of Alex Lowe found on Mount Shishapangma
- Czech Dies While Attempting to Ski Down Denali’s Messner Couloir
- Clingmans Dome Seeks Help to Repair Foundation of Summit Tower
- Guadalupe Peak Closed as Fire Spreads
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Member Updates
Connecticut Outdoors has a nice article “Reaching the Top of America” by Dirk Langefled that includes an interview with Club President Time Webb.
Highpointer Michael Hylland has a very nice and slick page on Highpoint Geology!
Tim Townsend was interviewed on the Davis, California, cable television station “In the Studio” about completing 50 highpoints.
Various publications are running a story about John Niedermeier completing all 50 highpoints.
The Lake County News-Sun has an article on 50-completer Tim Townsend. Always quotable Tim was at the Maine convention in Millenocket and his blogs of his adventures have been around for more than 15 years. We last posted here on … Continue reading
Mick and Ruth Anne at the Friday social during the Maine 2013 convention. The Huffington Post has a nifty interview with Maine 2013 host Mick Dunn.
Congratulations to Alan Ritter on receiving the Silver Beaver Award on May 28, 2013, from the Boy Scouts of America Greater St. Louis Council. Alan who has been a Highpointers board members has maintained the Jakk Longacre Memorial on the … Continue reading
NBC Connectictut interviewed Todd Brown who was running in the Boston Marathon on the dApril 15, 2013 day of the bombing. We are of course glad that Todd who is host of the 2014 Tennessee convention as well as Bill … Continue reading
The full Comedy Central Tosh.O clip featuring 50-completer Aron Ralston that aired this week is now available. It’s raunchy, bawdy, irreverent and quite unlike anything ever done. But if you’re into Tosh.O humor it’s hilarious. The skit is a web … Continue reading
Club member Mike Bayer has this nifty 3 part Gannett Epic climb adventure on Youtube.