Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Kevin Jorgesona dn Tommy Caldwell Climb Yosemite’s Dawn Wall of El Capitan in 19 days
- CNN Story on Lowest Highpoints
- Lonnie Dupre Has Become the First to Solo Climb McKinley in January
- Cold Enough to Freeze Bubbles on Mount Washington
- 85-year-old Webster Groves Man Called Oldest to Summit Kilimanjaro
- Nifty Video of the Cheaha Pinhoti the Turkey New Year’s Drop
- Extensive Changes Planned for Abol Trail on Katahdin
- Badwater Ultramarathon Returns to Death Valley
- Air Force Cadets Attempt to Climb “50 States 50 Summits”
- Mauna Kea Access Road Closure Possible on October 7 During 30 Meter Telescope Dedication
- Barbara Polk Washburn (1914-2014) – First Female Climber of Mount McKinley
- Second Annual Black Mountain Madness Bicycle Ride on October 4, 2014
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
- Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival June 20-21
- Baxter Closes Katahdin’s Abol Trail For Season Following Rock Slide
- 4 Climbers and 2 Guides Killed on Rainier’s Liberty Ridge
- Idaho Swarm Earthquakes Subsiding
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Indiana Interviews Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Member Updates
Highpointer Michael Hylland has a very nice and slick page on Highpoint Geology!
Tim Townsend was interviewed on the Davis, California, cable television station “In the Studio” about completing 50 highpoints.
Various publications are running a story about John Niedermeier completing all 50 highpoints.
The Lake County News-Sun has an article on 50-completer Tim Townsend. Always quotable Tim was at the Maine convention in Millenocket and his blogs of his adventures have been around for more than 15 years. We last posted here on … Continue reading
Mick and Ruth Anne at the Friday social during the Maine 2013 convention. The Huffington Post has a nifty interview with Maine 2013 host Mick Dunn.
Congratulations to Alan Ritter on receiving the Silver Beaver Award on May 28, 2013, from the Boy Scouts of America Greater St. Louis Council. Alan who has been a Highpointers board members has maintained the Jakk Longacre Memorial on the … Continue reading
NBC Connectictut interviewed Todd Brown who was running in the Boston Marathon on the dApril 15, 2013 day of the bombing. We are of course glad that Todd who is host of the 2014 Tennessee convention as well as Bill … Continue reading
The full Comedy Central Tosh.O clip featuring 50-completer Aron Ralston that aired this week is now available. It’s raunchy, bawdy, irreverent and quite unlike anything ever done. But if you’re into Tosh.O humor it’s hilarious. The skit is a web … Continue reading
Club member Mike Bayer has this nifty 3 part Gannett Epic climb adventure on Youtube.
We are happy to see the Easley Patch reporting on Sid Collins receiving the Frank Ashley Award for his work on Sassafras Mountain. The award was presented at an Easley Kiwannis Club by Chamber of Commerce President Kent Dykes.