Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Slumdog Mountaineer Dog Rupee Only Visit Basecamp and Not Everest Summit
- Alabama Parks Celebrating 75th Anniversary: Cheaha was one of the first parks
- Road to Paradise To Be Open 7 Days A Week in 2013-14 Winter
- Carlton Australian Rules Football Team Plans Mass Winter Climb of Humphreys
- Maine Memorial Plans to Carry Stones To Katahdin Summit on Memorial Day 2014
- First Wintry Storm Temporarily Closes Mount Mitchell
- Oxford Scientist Say DNA Tests Show Yeti May Be Brown/Polar Bear Mix
- Government Shutdown Forces Cancellation of Black Bear Century Bicycle Ride to High Point State Park
- Ribbon Cutting at Renovated Mount Greylock Visitor Center
- Government Shutdown: Wag Bags at Whitney Portal But No Camping Permitted
- Teddy Roosevelt Was Climbing Marcy in Marcy in the Days After McKinley Was Shot But Before He Died
- Warm Springs Pow Wow on Mount Hood on Sepember 28
- Guadalupe Reopens Summit Trail Following Floods
- Guadalupe Closed Indefinitely Due to Flooding
- Official New USGS Maps Show McKinley is 83 Feet Shorter Than Earlier Reported (20,237 feet rather than 20,320 feet)
- Stubbs the Cat, Talkeetna’s “Mayor” Returns Following Dog Mauling
- Renaming of Talkeetna Ranger Station for First McKinley Climber Walter Harper
- Appalachian Trail Conservancy Film Festival on East Coast
- Repairs Begin on Harney Peak Tower
- Why They Put Up The Falling Rocks Signs
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 1st Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention About the Club Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Indiana Interviews Iowa Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey New Products Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: New Jersey
Hiking the peaks over 1000 feet in New Jersey NJ.com has an an interview with Mike Schwartz on climbing the highest points of New Jersey counties.
New Jersey High Point State Park Superintendent John Keator talked about the park at the 2009 Highpointers Convention at High Point. John paid his own way despite our offers to pay for his dinner. He has some amazing stories about … Continue reading
The New York-New Jersery Trail Conference has just released a new trail map of High Point State Park and it’s available at 10 percent discount. You get a 10 percent discount if you register at the website (you do not … Continue reading
Pete Anderson will be leading a trip to the High Point via the Appalachian Trail.
Here’s a copy of the official 2009 Highpointers Convention program. For the first time we’ve sold advertising. It raised community awareness and of course put a few bucks in the Club pocket.
Here is some important information about the upcoming Highpointers Konvention. Remember to add this to your “White List” if you have a spam filter so that you’ll be able to get more of the latest Highpointing updates. This is updated … Continue reading
High Point, New Jersey was selected unanimously as the site for the 2009 convention. The hosts are Steve Urbanski and the web master Roger Rowlett. It was the first time that anybody can remember in which no other states were … Continue reading
High Point, NJ, is scheduled to open by Friday, July 8 following a budget shutdown.