Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
- Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival June 20-21
- Baxter Closes Katahdin’s Abol Trail For Season Following Rock Slide
- 4 Climbers and 2 Guides Killed on Rainier’s Liberty Ridge
- Idaho Swarm Earthquakes Subsiding
- First Everest Summiter in 2014 Flew Up By Helicopter
- Profile of Bravo Company Which Does Helicopter Rescues on Rainier
- Climber Falls 1,000 Feet From Hood Summit
- Hood Snowpack Surges from 50 to 99% of Normal
- Mount Washington Warns on April Avalanches at Tuckerman Ravine
- Everest Jump Live Cancelled After Joby Ogwyn Loses Sherpa in Deadly Avalanche
- New York 46er Video
- North Dakota Says Public Can’t Comment on Drilling Proposals Affecting Private Land Including Impact on White Butte
- ABC Television Show “Resurrection” Set in Arcadia, Missouri, Premieres March 9
- Bucket List of Things You Should Do in Each State
- 69th Annual Skinny Skis Stowe Derby
- Late Season Snows Bring Mount Hood Snowpack Up to Near Normal
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Indiana Interviews Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: New Jersey
Hiking the peaks over 1000 feet in New Jersey NJ.com has an an interview with Mike Schwartz on climbing the highest points of New Jersey counties.
New Jersey High Point State Park Superintendent John Keator talked about the park at the 2009 Highpointers Convention at High Point. John paid his own way despite our offers to pay for his dinner. He has some amazing stories about … Continue reading
The New York-New Jersery Trail Conference has just released a new trail map of High Point State Park and it’s available at 10 percent discount. You get a 10 percent discount if you register at the website (you do not … Continue reading
Pete Anderson will be leading a trip to the High Point via the Appalachian Trail.
Here’s a copy of the official 2009 Highpointers Convention program. For the first time we’ve sold advertising. It raised community awareness and of course put a few bucks in the Club pocket.
Here is some important information about the upcoming Highpointers Konvention. Remember to add this to your “White List” if you have a spam filter so that you’ll be able to get more of the latest Highpointing updates. This is updated … Continue reading
High Point, New Jersey was selected unanimously as the site for the 2009 convention. The hosts are Steve Urbanski and the web master Roger Rowlett. It was the first time that anybody can remember in which no other states were … Continue reading
High Point, NJ, is scheduled to open by Friday, July 8 following a budget shutdown.