Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Sat 6/1/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sat 6/29/2013: Cops on Top Summit for Heros
- Sat 7/6/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Fri 7/19/2013: Maine 2013 Convention
- Sat 8/3/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sat 9/7/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sun 6/29/2014: Apex Challenge 2
- Thu 7/24/2014: Highpointers 2014 Convention
- 2013 Assault on Mount Mitchell Bicycle Ride on May 20
- Package to Climb Elbert for $650
- Descendents of 1913 First Ascent of Mount McKinley Prepare Centennial Climb
- Katahdin from Lake Millinocket on January 13, 2013
- Paradise on Mount Rainier is 20 Degree Warmer Than Seattle in Bizarre Temperature Inversion
- Wounded Warrior Among 3 Injured in Tuckerman Ravine Avalanche
- Merry Christmas!
- Small Forest Fire on Mount Mansfield
- Curiosity’s Shot of Aeolis Mons on Mars Sure Looks Like Mount McKinley
- SPOT Used in Gannett Peak Rescue
- NPS Considering Dramatic Changes to Camp Muir on Mount Rainier
- Photo of Summit Stewards on Mount Marcy
- Dramatic Timelapse Video of Star Trails on Mount Washington
- New Barn Quilt Added to Hawkeye Point
- Proposal to Rename Talkeetna Ranger Station for First McKinley Climber Walter Harper
- 4 McKinley Climbers Presumed Dead in Avalanche
- Body of New Hampshire Creavasse
- Finnish Skiier Killed While Skiing Down Mount McKinley
- Unroped Climber Falls to Death While Attempting to Retrieve Backpack on McKinley
- Investigation Into How McKinley Climber Perished While Following Guide’s Orders and Another Climber Ignoring the Orders Survived
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 1st Quarter 2005 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2008 Humphreys Peak 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention About the Club Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions DC Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Interviews Iowa Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey New Products Newsletter Obituaries podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: podcast
We are devastated by the loss of Mary Jane Noland (December 14, 1954 – August 31, 2009).
Eric Nelson at WCCO in Minneapolis interviewed Josh Spooner about the Highpointers Club following the New York Times article. Listen to the 12 minute interview here.
The “Cops on Top” program have podcasts from several U.S. and Canadian highpoints on September 11, 2005. In addition, these police visited the 111 4,000 foot peaks in the Northeast.
Bill Littlefield of the NPR “It’s Only A Game” show visited Jerimoth Hill during the Labor Day 2005 clean up and trail work and had a 7 minute interview with club members.
Robert Siegel, anchor of All Things Considered, interviewed Highpointers Club Chairman (and webmeister) Roger Rowlett on August 22, 2005 about the Mosley’s opening Jerimoth Hill to club members. Here’s the mp3 interview.