Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Extensive Changes Planned for Abol Trail on Katahdin
- Badwater Ultramarathon Returns to Death Valley
- Air Force Cadets Attempt to Climb “50 States 50 Summits”
- Mauna Kea Access Road Closure Possible on October 7 During 30 Meter Telescope Dedication
- Barbara Polk Washburn (1914-2014) – First Female Climber of Mount McKinley
- Second Annual Black Mountain Madness Bicycle Ride on October 4, 2014
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
- Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival June 20-21
- Baxter Closes Katahdin’s Abol Trail For Season Following Rock Slide
- 4 Climbers and 2 Guides Killed on Rainier’s Liberty Ridge
- Idaho Swarm Earthquakes Subsiding
- First Everest Summiter in 2014 Flew Up By Helicopter
- Profile of Bravo Company Which Does Helicopter Rescues on Rainier
- Climber Falls 1,000 Feet From Hood Summit
- Hood Snowpack Surges from 50 to 99% of Normal
- Mount Washington Warns on April Avalanches at Tuckerman Ravine
- Everest Jump Live Cancelled After Joby Ogwyn Loses Sherpa in Deadly Avalanche
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Indiana Interviews Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: podcast
We are devastated by the loss of Mary Jane Noland (December 14, 1954 – August 31, 2009).
Eric Nelson at WCCO in Minneapolis interviewed Josh Spooner about the Highpointers Club following the New York Times article. Listen to the 12 minute interview here.
The “Cops on Top” program have podcasts from several U.S. and Canadian highpoints on September 11, 2005. In addition, these police visited the 111 4,000 foot peaks in the Northeast.
Bill Littlefield of the NPR “It’s Only A Game” show visited Jerimoth Hill during the Labor Day 2005 clean up and trail work and had a 7 minute interview with club members.
Robert Siegel, anchor of All Things Considered, interviewed Highpointers Club Chairman (and webmeister) Roger Rowlett on August 22, 2005 about the Mosley’s opening Jerimoth Hill to club members. Here’s the mp3 interview.