Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mount McKinley To Be Surveyed For First Time Since 1953
- Four Plead Guilty to Posing Naked on Malaysia on Mount Kinabalu
- 66 Year Old Fatality on Mount Hood
- Caltech to Dismantle Telescope on Mauna Kea by 2018
- Peter Barr Completes Highpoints of All North Carolina Counties
- Nepal Earthquake Lowered Everest by 2.8 CM
- At least 17 Killed Avalanche at Everest Base Camp Following 7.8 Earthquake
- Protestors Arrested for Blocking Road to Mauna Kea Summit
- South Dakota Board on Geographic Names Considering Proposal to Rename Harney Peak To Black Elk Peak
- Snow Dragon Ice Cave on West Side of Mount Hood Partially Collapses
- Mount Washington Officially Second Coldest Place on Earth On February 16
- Solo Hiker Dies on Presidentials During Extreme Weather
- Proposal to Rename South Elbert to Mount William & Mary
- Kevin Jorgesona dn Tommy Caldwell Climb Yosemite’s Dawn Wall of El Capitan in 19 days
- CNN Story on Lowest Highpoints
- Lonnie Dupre Has Become the First to Solo Climb McKinley in January
- Cold Enough to Freeze Bubbles on Mount Washington
- 85-year-old Webster Groves Man Called Oldest to Summit Kilimanjaro
- Nifty Video of the Cheaha Pinhoti the Turkey New Year’s Drop
- Extensive Changes Planned for Abol Trail on Katahdin
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: podcast
We are devastated by the loss of Mary Jane Noland (December 14, 1954 – August 31, 2009).
Eric Nelson at WCCO in Minneapolis interviewed Josh Spooner about the Highpointers Club following the New York Times article. Listen to the 12 minute interview here.
The “Cops on Top” program have podcasts from several U.S. and Canadian highpoints on September 11, 2005. In addition, these police visited the 111 4,000 foot peaks in the Northeast.
Bill Littlefield of the NPR “It’s Only A Game” show visited Jerimoth Hill during the Labor Day 2005 clean up and trail work and had a 7 minute interview with club members.
Robert Siegel, anchor of All Things Considered, interviewed Highpointers Club Chairman (and webmeister) Roger Rowlett on August 22, 2005 about the Mosley’s opening Jerimoth Hill to club members. Here’s the mp3 interview.