Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Musical Homage to Mount Rainier To Premiere May 17, 2017
- Jon Kedrowski Attempt to Climb and Ski Down all Colorado Fourteeners Stirs Controversy
- Joseph Gray Wins Mount Washington Road Race in 58:15
- Brent Okita Summits Rainier for 500th Time
- Baxter Begins Requiring Katahdin Permits For AT Thru Hikers
- Denali National Park Restoring Office/Cabin of First Superintendent Henry P. “Harry” Karstens
- Mount Magazine Looking for Old Photos
- June Snow on Mauna Kea
- June Snow on Mount Washington
- Guadalupe vs. Everest: Which is Better?
- Bug Season in the Adirondacks
- Guadalupe Peak Reopens As Coyote Fire Threat Subsides
- Body of Alex Lowe found on Mount Shishapangma
- Czech Dies While Attempting to Ski Down Denali’s Messner Couloir
- Clingmans Dome Seeks Help to Repair Foundation of Summit Tower
- Guadalupe Peak Closed as Fire Spreads
- Fatalities on Everest in 4 Consecutive May Days
- Video of CCC Building Cheaha Tower
- Harney Peak Crews Clearing Beetle Damaged Trees
- Conspiracy Theories Over Mount Washington 100 MPH Wind Video
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: podcast
We are devastated by the loss of Mary Jane Noland (December 14, 1954 – August 31, 2009).
Eric Nelson at WCCO in Minneapolis interviewed Josh Spooner about the Highpointers Club following the New York Times article. Listen to the 12 minute interview here.
The “Cops on Top” program have podcasts from several U.S. and Canadian highpoints on September 11, 2005. In addition, these police visited the 111 4,000 foot peaks in the Northeast.
Bill Littlefield of the NPR “It’s Only A Game” show visited Jerimoth Hill during the Labor Day 2005 clean up and trail work and had a 7 minute interview with club members.
Robert Siegel, anchor of All Things Considered, interviewed Highpointers Club Chairman (and webmeister) Roger Rowlett on August 22, 2005 about the Mosley’s opening Jerimoth Hill to club members. Here’s the mp3 interview.