Upcoming Highpointer Events
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
- 50 states in record 7 Days
- July Snow With 120 MPH Winds Temporarily Closes Newly Reopened Mauna Kea Summit Road
- Baxter Issues Summons to Record Breaking AT Through Hiker for Corporate Event on Katahdin
- Mauna Kea Summit Road Reopens
- Michael J. Fox Climbs White Butte in Parkinson’s Disease Fundraiser
- Tallest Mountain East of the Rockies Debate
- Britton Hill is Name of Jeb Bush Company
- Mount McKinley To Be Surveyed For First Time Since 1953
- Four Plead Guilty to Posing Naked on Malaysia on Mount Kinabalu
- 66 Year Old Fatality on Mount Hood
- Caltech to Dismantle Telescope on Mauna Kea by 2018
- Peter Barr Completes Highpoints of All North Carolina Counties
- Nepal Earthquake Lowered Everest by 2.8 CM
- At least 17 Killed Avalanche at Everest Base Camp Following 7.8 Earthquake
- Protestors Arrested for Blocking Road to Mauna Kea Summit
- South Dakota Board on Geographic Names Considering Proposal to Rename Harney Peak To Black Elk Peak
- Snow Dragon Ice Cave on West Side of Mount Hood Partially Collapses
- Mount Washington Officially Second Coldest Place on Earth On February 16
- Solo Hiker Dies on Presidentials During Extreme Weather
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Rhode Island
Rhode Island Governor Lincoln D. Chafee attended Wednesday, October 22, 2014, formal transfer of Jerimoth Hill from Brown University to the state who was represented by Dean David Targan. Highpointer Club liaison Stony Burk who has been active in facilitating … Continue reading
NPR’s Emmett FitzGerald has a wonderful 10 minute segment featuring Roy Wallen and Stony Burk at Jerimoth Hill.
The Providence Journal reports today (December 6, 2011) that Rhode Island is buying the Jerimoth Hill for $100,000 from Brown University. The Highpointers Club through Stony Burk and Dave Covill have been working on making the summit more accessible for … Continue reading
Peter Mandel on the Providence Journal mentions corresponding with the Highpointers Club and the accompanying photo shows the Club signs on Jerimoth Hill in an article on October 17, 2010 headlined “How my assault on Jerimouth Hill came up short.”
Jeff & Debbie Mosley, the new owners of Jerimoth Hill, have dramatically changed the access rules. They are permitting highpointers to visit the highpoint from 8 a.m. to 4p.m. 52 weeks a year!
U.S. Sen. Lincoln D. Chafee has announced an allocation of $1 million in federal highway funds to guarantee access to Jerimoth Hill. The announcement came after numerous meetings with Club Member Stony Burk.
Bill Littlefield of the NPR “It’s Only A Game” show visited Jerimoth Hill during the Labor Day 2005 clean up and trail work and had a 7 minute interview with club members.
The new private owners of the Jerimoth Hill — Jeff and Deb Mosley — authorized the Highpointers Club to build a new trail to the Jerimoth Hill summit.
Robert Siegel, anchor of All Things Considered, interviewed Highpointers Club Chairman (and webmeister) Roger Rowlett on August 22, 2005 about the Mosley’s opening Jerimoth Hill to club members. Here’s the mp3 interview.