Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mount Rogers National Recreation Area Celebrates 50th Anniversary on May 30
- USPS To Issue Mount Rainier Star Trails Stamp
- 12 Year Old Tyler Young Prepares for Everest Climb
- Mount Mitchell State Park Plans to More Than Double in Size
- Snow Boarder Pledges Funds to Rebuild CCC Cabin on Mount Mansfield Damaged in Fire
- Mount Magazine Elevation Snow
- Tim Johnson in First Winter Bicycle Ascent of Mount Washington
- Fiery Plane Crash on Guadalupe
- Hawaii Supreme Court Voids Mauna Kea Thirty Metre Telescope Permit Over Due Process
- One Ton Generator Stolen From Black Mountain Summit
- Motormountain Jeep Climb of Highpoints Where They Hide a Belt Buckle
- Petition to Rename Campbell Hill to Mount Sarah Palin
- Mount McKinley Renamed Denali
- Laso Schallerof Record of 193 Feet Cliff Dive in Switzerland
- Should Cains Be Removed from the Backcountry?
- Melting Rainier Causes Closure of Westside Road on Rainier
- 11 Year Old Tyler Armstrong Seeks to Be Youngest to Climb 7 Summits
- South Dakota Board of Geographic Names Votes Against Renaming Harney Peak to Hinhan Kaga (Making of Owls)
- Arizona Snowball to add “Humphreys Peak Lift” as Part of $2 million Overhaul
- WGAL on Proposal to Rename Negro Mountain/Mount Davis to Mount Nemesis
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Rhode Island
Rhode Island Governor Lincoln D. Chafee attended Wednesday, October 22, 2014, formal transfer of Jerimoth Hill from Brown University to the state who was represented by Dean David Targan. Highpointer Club liaison Stony Burk who has been active in facilitating … Continue reading
NPR’s Emmett FitzGerald has a wonderful 10 minute segment featuring Roy Wallen and Stony Burk at Jerimoth Hill.
The Providence Journal reports today (December 6, 2011) that Rhode Island is buying the Jerimoth Hill for $100,000 from Brown University. The Highpointers Club through Stony Burk and Dave Covill have been working on making the summit more accessible for … Continue reading
Peter Mandel on the Providence Journal mentions corresponding with the Highpointers Club and the accompanying photo shows the Club signs on Jerimoth Hill in an article on October 17, 2010 headlined “How my assault on Jerimouth Hill came up short.”
Jeff & Debbie Mosley, the new owners of Jerimoth Hill, have dramatically changed the access rules. They are permitting highpointers to visit the highpoint from 8 a.m. to 4p.m. 52 weeks a year!
U.S. Sen. Lincoln D. Chafee has announced an allocation of $1 million in federal highway funds to guarantee access to Jerimoth Hill. The announcement came after numerous meetings with Club Member Stony Burk.
Bill Littlefield of the NPR “It’s Only A Game” show visited Jerimoth Hill during the Labor Day 2005 clean up and trail work and had a 7 minute interview with club members.
The new private owners of the Jerimoth Hill — Jeff and Deb Mosley — authorized the Highpointers Club to build a new trail to the Jerimoth Hill summit.
Robert Siegel, anchor of All Things Considered, interviewed Highpointers Club Chairman (and webmeister) Roger Rowlett on August 22, 2005 about the Mosley’s opening Jerimoth Hill to club members. Here’s the mp3 interview.