Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Joseph Gray Wins Mount Washington Road Race in 58:15
- Brent Okita Summits Rainier for 500th Time
- Baxter Begins Requiring Katahdin Permits For AT Thru Hikers
- Denali National Park Restoring Office/Cabin of First Superintendent Henry P. “Harry” Karstens
- Mount Magazine Looking for Old Photos
- June Snow on Mauna Kea
- June Snow on Mount Washington
- Guadalupe vs. Everest: Which is Better?
- Bug Season in the Adirondacks
- Guadalupe Peak Reopens As Coyote Fire Threat Subsides
- Body of Alex Lowe found on Mount Shishapangma
- Czech Dies While Attempting to Ski Down Denali’s Messner Couloir
- Clingmans Dome Seeks Help to Repair Foundation of Summit Tower
- Guadalupe Peak Closed as Fire Spreads
- Fatalities on Everest in 4 Consecutive May Days
- Video of CCC Building Cheaha Tower
- Harney Peak Crews Clearing Beetle Damaged Trees
- Conspiracy Theories Over Mount Washington 100 MPH Wind Video
- More than 100 Earthquakes on Mount Hood on May 15-16
- US Board of Geographic Names Formally Considers Change of Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak or Thunder Peak
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Rhode Island
Rhode Island Governor Lincoln D. Chafee attended Wednesday, October 22, 2014, formal transfer of Jerimoth Hill from Brown University to the state who was represented by Dean David Targan. Highpointer Club liaison Stony Burk who has been active in facilitating … Continue reading
NPR’s Emmett FitzGerald has a wonderful 10 minute segment featuring Roy Wallen and Stony Burk at Jerimoth Hill.
The Providence Journal reports today (December 6, 2011) that Rhode Island is buying the Jerimoth Hill for $100,000 from Brown University. The Highpointers Club through Stony Burk and Dave Covill have been working on making the summit more accessible for … Continue reading
Peter Mandel on the Providence Journal mentions corresponding with the Highpointers Club and the accompanying photo shows the Club signs on Jerimoth Hill in an article on October 17, 2010 headlined “How my assault on Jerimouth Hill came up short.”
Jeff & Debbie Mosley, the new owners of Jerimoth Hill, have dramatically changed the access rules. They are permitting highpointers to visit the highpoint from 8 a.m. to 4p.m. 52 weeks a year!
U.S. Sen. Lincoln D. Chafee has announced an allocation of $1 million in federal highway funds to guarantee access to Jerimoth Hill. The announcement came after numerous meetings with Club Member Stony Burk.
Bill Littlefield of the NPR “It’s Only A Game” show visited Jerimoth Hill during the Labor Day 2005 clean up and trail work and had a 7 minute interview with club members.
The new private owners of the Jerimoth Hill — Jeff and Deb Mosley — authorized the Highpointers Club to build a new trail to the Jerimoth Hill summit.
Robert Siegel, anchor of All Things Considered, interviewed Highpointers Club Chairman (and webmeister) Roger Rowlett on August 22, 2005 about the Mosley’s opening Jerimoth Hill to club members. Here’s the mp3 interview.