Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Couple Summit of Everest Called Fraud After They Wear Different Clothes in Different Photos
- Willamette Week: Where People Fall and Die on Mount Hood
- J.K. Rowling Names Mount Greylock as Site of North American Hogwarts
- Feral Sheep to Removed from Mauna Kea
- Father and Daughter Greg and Vanessa Blasic Climb 7 Summits
- Musical Homage to Mount Rainier To Premiere May 17, 2017
- Jon Kedrowski Attempt to Climb and Ski Down all Colorado Fourteeners Stirs Controversy
- Joseph Gray Wins Mount Washington Road Race in 58:15
- Brent Okita Summits Rainier for 500th Time
- Baxter Begins Requiring Katahdin Permits For AT Thru Hikers
- Denali National Park Restoring Office/Cabin of First Superintendent Henry P. “Harry” Karstens
- Mount Magazine Looking for Old Photos
- June Snow on Mauna Kea
- June Snow on Mount Washington
- Guadalupe vs. Everest: Which is Better?
- Bug Season in the Adirondacks
- Guadalupe Peak Reopens As Coyote Fire Threat Subsides
- Body of Alex Lowe found on Mount Shishapangma
- Czech Dies While Attempting to Ski Down Denali’s Messner Couloir
- Clingmans Dome Seeks Help to Repair Foundation of Summit Tower
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Tim Webb Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Stony Burk
NPR’s Emmett FitzGerald has a wonderful 10 minute segment featuring Roy Wallen and Stony Burk at Jerimoth Hill.
We’re getting the report from Stony Burk that a bench at Hoosier Hill that had been added as a Scout Eagle Scout project has been vandalized.
Ever wonder what happens to those registers you sign on summits? Thanks to an initiative mostly from highpoint liaison chairman Stony Burk the Club has begun saving historic registers. He just turned over the reigsters from Granite and Borah Peaks … Continue reading
Stony Burk, the highpoint liaison, takes his job seriously literally repeatedly driving to highpoints in his Jeep Cherokee “Cynthia Rose.” He puts up mileage that car companies can only dream of. Here’s 345,345.