Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Sat 6/1/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sat 6/29/2013: Cops on Top Summit for Heros
- Sat 7/6/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Fri 7/19/2013: Maine 2013 Convention
- Sat 8/3/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sat 9/7/2013: Charles Mound Open Access Date
- Sun 6/29/2014: Apex Challenge 2
- Thu 7/24/2014: Highpointers 2014 Convention
- 2013 Assault on Mount Mitchell Bicycle Ride on May 20
- Package to Climb Elbert for $650
- Descendents of 1913 First Ascent of Mount McKinley Prepare Centennial Climb
- Katahdin from Lake Millinocket on January 13, 2013
- Paradise on Mount Rainier is 20 Degree Warmer Than Seattle in Bizarre Temperature Inversion
- Wounded Warrior Among 3 Injured in Tuckerman Ravine Avalanche
- Merry Christmas!
- Small Forest Fire on Mount Mansfield
- Curiosity’s Shot of Aeolis Mons on Mars Sure Looks Like Mount McKinley
- SPOT Used in Gannett Peak Rescue
- NPS Considering Dramatic Changes to Camp Muir on Mount Rainier
- Photo of Summit Stewards on Mount Marcy
- Dramatic Timelapse Video of Star Trails on Mount Washington
- New Barn Quilt Added to Hawkeye Point
- Proposal to Rename Talkeetna Ranger Station for First McKinley Climber Walter Harper
- 4 McKinley Climbers Presumed Dead in Avalanche
- Body of New Hampshire Creavasse
- Finnish Skiier Killed While Skiing Down Mount McKinley
- Unroped Climber Falls to Death While Attempting to Retrieve Backpack on McKinley
- Investigation Into How McKinley Climber Perished While Following Guide’s Orders and Another Climber Ignoring the Orders Survived
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 1st Quarter 2005 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2008 Humphreys Peak 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention About the Club Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions DC Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Interviews Iowa Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi New Jersey New Products Newsletter Obituaries podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Video
The full Comedy Central Tosh.O clip featuring 50-completer Aron Ralston that aired this week is now available. It’s raunchy, bawdy, irreverent and quite unlike anything ever done. But if you’re into Tosh.O humor it’s hilarious. The skit is a web … Continue reading
Highpointer Club Founder Jakk Longacre recorded the “Last 50 Steps” probably in the late 1990s in which he told his experiences of climbing each of the 50 states. Members could get the VHS tape. Many thanks to Paul Light, who … Continue reading
Highpointer Matt Moniz, who is the youngest person to complete all 50, was profiled on Episode 3 of the summer edition of “The Buzz” on Outside Television.
Hiking the peaks over 1000 feet in New Jersey NJ.com has an an interview with Mike Schwartz on climbing the highest points of New Jersey counties.
New Jersey High Point State Park Superintendent John Keator talked about the park at the 2009 Highpointers Convention at High Point. John paid his own way despite our offers to pay for his dinner. He has some amazing stories about … Continue reading
Here’s the video of our few seconds of fame in the background of the Today Show during the Highpointers 2009 Convention trip to New York City.
John Mitchler discussed notable completers in 2009 during the Highpointers Convention in New Jersey. Among the completers was an 81-year-old man plus John also completed all the U.S. territories.
Stony Burke nominated Campbell Hill, Harney Peak, South Dakota, and Panorama Point, Nebraska — the first time anybody nominated three locations!
John Mitchler received the Jakk Longacre Award at the NJ09 Convention. The Award is the highest the club offers. There is only one other living person who has received the award. The Award was in recognition of John’s considerable efforts … Continue reading
The New Jersey 2009 Convention had the worst weather of any convention including an F2 tornado that hit the grounds of the high point! Yet it broke at all the right times. Below is an email that went out from … Continue reading