Upcoming Highpointer Events
- Mount Washington Officially Second Coldest Place on Earth On February 16
- Solo Hiker Dies on Presidentials During Extreme Weather
- Proposal to Rename South Elbert to Mount William & Mary
- Kevin Jorgesona dn Tommy Caldwell Climb Yosemite’s Dawn Wall of El Capitan in 19 days
- CNN Story on Lowest Highpoints
- Lonnie Dupre Has Become the First to Solo Climb McKinley in January
- Cold Enough to Freeze Bubbles on Mount Washington
- 85-year-old Webster Groves Man Called Oldest to Summit Kilimanjaro
- Nifty Video of the Cheaha Pinhoti the Turkey New Year’s Drop
- Extensive Changes Planned for Abol Trail on Katahdin
- Badwater Ultramarathon Returns to Death Valley
- Air Force Cadets Attempt to Climb “50 States 50 Summits”
- Mauna Kea Access Road Closure Possible on October 7 During 30 Meter Telescope Dedication
- Barbara Polk Washburn (1914-2014) – First Female Climber of Mount McKinley
- Second Annual Black Mountain Madness Bicycle Ride on October 4, 2014
- Proposal to Rename Harney Peak to Black Elk Peak
- Fatality at Mirror Lake West of Outpost Camp on Mount Whitney
- Writer Karen Sykes Believed Killed on Rainier
- 3 Helicopter Rescues in June on Katahdin
- Mount Magazine Butterfly Festival June 20-21
Tags2004 2nd Quarter 2004 4th Quarter 2005 Mount Washington 2006 Mount Mitchell 2007 Timms Hill 2009 High Point New Jersey 2010 Convention 2011 Convention 2012 Convention 2013 Convention 2014 Convention Access Restrictions Aron Ralston Chairman Column Charity Climbs Completer stories Conventions Email Alerts Frank Ashley Awards General Highpointers Foundation Iowa Jakk Longacre Memorial John Mitchler Membership Member Updates Merc Minutes - Board Minutes - General Membership Mississippi Movies New Jersey Newsletter Obituaries Paul Zumwalt Award podcast Polls Rhode Island Silent Auction South Carolina States Tennessee Video Videos Vin Hoeman
Tag Archives: Video
The full Comedy Central Tosh.O clip featuring 50-completer Aron Ralston that aired this week is now available. It’s raunchy, bawdy, irreverent and quite unlike anything ever done. But if you’re into Tosh.O humor it’s hilarious. The skit is a web … Continue reading
Highpointer Club Founder Jakk Longacre recorded the “Last 50 Steps” probably in the late 1990s in which he told his experiences of climbing each of the 50 states. Members could get the VHS tape. Many thanks to Paul Light, who … Continue reading
Highpointer Matt Moniz, who is the youngest person to complete all 50, was profiled on Episode 3 of the summer edition of “The Buzz” on Outside Television.
Hiking the peaks over 1000 feet in New Jersey NJ.com has an an interview with Mike Schwartz on climbing the highest points of New Jersey counties.
New Jersey High Point State Park Superintendent John Keator talked about the park at the 2009 Highpointers Convention at High Point. John paid his own way despite our offers to pay for his dinner. He has some amazing stories about … Continue reading
Here’s the video of our few seconds of fame in the background of the Today Show during the Highpointers 2009 Convention trip to New York City.
John Mitchler discussed notable completers in 2009 during the Highpointers Convention in New Jersey. Among the completers was an 81-year-old man plus John also completed all the U.S. territories.
Stony Burke nominated Campbell Hill, Harney Peak, South Dakota, and Panorama Point, Nebraska — the first time anybody nominated three locations!
John Mitchler received the Jakk Longacre Award at the NJ09 Convention. The Award is the highest the club offers. There is only one other living person who has received the award. The Award was in recognition of John’s considerable efforts … Continue reading
The New Jersey 2009 Convention had the worst weather of any convention including an F2 tornado that hit the grounds of the high point! Yet it broke at all the right times. Below is an email that went out from … Continue reading