4.5 sumits in 24 hours wow

Home Private: Forums Tennessee-Clingmans Dome 4.5 sumits in 24 hours wow

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      highpointersclub
      Participant
      [Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: Eric A. Ebele on April 25 2005 at 1:40 PM]

(see Brasstown Bald for start of trip and Mt Rogers for the reason its only 4.5)

From MT Rogers I drove straight to Clingmans Dome Got to the parking lot at about 700 or so. It was still dark and the sun was just starting to come out but it was very cloudy and there was lots of fog. There were a lot of people up there trying to take pictures but there wasnt much to see that day. I did the short hike to the sumit tower and took a few pictures myself and tagged my 4th sumit in less the 24 hours (should have been 5 in 24hours but you’ll have to read my Mt. Rogers report for that)
      OK now its back to the car and back to Atlanta and on the plane to phoenix.

side note for climbers I stopped at the rock gym just north of Atlanta Adrenaline Climbing and did some bouldering for a few hours before heading to the airport. This place rocks they have great route setters and Trey is pretty cool if you are in the Atlanta area and need a climbing fix check it out. off exit 111 from the 85 south, 2.2 miles west to the train tracks, then the very first right, one mile on the left side of the road(thanks Trey)

and once again if anyone know if there is a record for most state sumits in one day or in 24hours please let me know or if you have done more then 4 in one day or 5 in 24hours.

“Reaching the sumit is optional,getting back down isn’t” – Ed Viesturs

highpointersclub
      Participant

Records

[Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: Olivier Kozlowski on April 26 2005 at 2:03 AM]

There was an article in a recent A to Z on the most HPs in a day. 8 if I recall correctly. You can also search the main forum.

We got 5 in 24 hours and could have had #6 in about 25, but got some sleep when we realized we weren’t going to make it in 24. I think we were doing the same ones you were: GA-SC-NC-TN-VA and KY was the 6th that we bagged the next morning.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.