Davis – a long day

Home Private: Forums Pennsylvania-Mount Davis Davis – a long day

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      highpointersclub
      Participant
      [Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: MalibuBill on October 26 2007 at 7:29 PM]

From Annapolis to Spruce Knob to Backbone to Davis to Hershey, PA makes for a long day. We did well until we were almost into the park surrounding Mt. Davis. We then somehow did not find the correct county road, but proceeded onwards and lucked into finding a very new looking sign saying “Mt. Davis.” We took it at its word and in a few more miles came to the park and the “trail” to the summit. We consulted the maps and directions once more since this is a drive up and then proceeded around to the correct parking lot, climbed the tower, got cold and headed on, after what was, by then, already a long day with us way off schedule. We should have eaten in one of the little restaurants nearby. Instead, we got on the Interstate and paid the price for it by eventually being forced to eat Interstate foot – always the worst. The red substance on my wife’s pasta at Fazzolli’s (sp?) must have had chemicals drained from a Superfund site mixed in. My “fettucine” was not much better. And then more hours to Hershey. Nevertheless, a good day of highpointing even if it only involved one with walking. We stood atop 3 states, traveled through two others and DC. The Pennsylvania countryside that we were able to see before sunset was very pretty – same for northern Maryland. My 10th, my wife’s 9th

Loyalty to the country always – loyalty to the government when it deserves it
      ——— Mark Twain

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.