Wyoming and Montana highpoints 2019

Home Private: Forums Looking for … Partner Wyoming and Montana highpoints 2019

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      gadget girl
      Participant

Hi ,
      Anyone interested in doing these highpoints sometime between mid July to mid August 2019 ? I would love to have some company.

tlperrine
      Participant

gadget girl,

I am interested in climbing Wyomings Highpoint in July 2019. I have completed 48 highpoints and Wyoming is my last in the lower 48 states. So I am motivated to attempt it. Let me know if you are interested.

Thanks,
      Terry

gadget girl
      Participant

Hi Terry ,

Thanks for replying . 48 ! That’s great! Yes, Wyoming. I’m still working on logistics, but one thing for sure, we are planning to approach via the Glacier Trail and if needed, add a day or two in case of bad weather. Initially, we also planned on doing Montana but try to do Idaho instead .Any tips on that ? I’ll keep you posted.

Wijpkjen

tlperrine
      Participant

gadget girl

I like your plans for Gannett Peak! Yes, please keep me posted. My email is tlperrine35@gmail.com. As far as Idaho (Mt. Borah), It is an exhausting climb. Chicken Out Ridge is the crux and I would rate it at 3+ with exposure. Luckily it is not that long of a ridge to deal with. Let me know if you have any questions and I will try to help.

Later,
      Terry

Gary
      Participant

I would love to join a group if you guys are still going.

Gary

tlperrine
      Participant

Gary,

Feel free to contact me at tlperrine35@gmail.com to discuss the upcoming trip for Wyomings Highpoint.

Terry

gadget girl
      Participant

Hi Gary,
      Yes , the plan is there .
      Carolyn and I are both from New Hampshire . To do Gannett first , should give us time to acclimate with the 2 day approach on Glacier Trail. We’ll attempt Borah afterwards.
      Gary , what’s your email address ? I’ll keep you posted . My email is wijpkjen@gmail.com

Eric always high
      Participant

Fellow climbers/hikers for Granite

Hi!
      My son and I are climbing Granite the weekend before Labor Day. We are going around the back side doing ramp route. It’s the last of the West I have left. If you want to join us let me know.
      Eric elindbergk12@gmail.com

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.