Diane and Charlie Winger’s highpoint guidebook published in 1999.
The 2011 reprint and update of their popular 2002 book.
50 STATES 50 ADVENTURES
From Alaska to Florida and Maine to California, discover America’s great outdoors through the fun and exciting adventure to highpointing — driving, hiking or climbing to the highest summit in each state.
HIGHPOINT ADVENTURES has selected for you the easiest route up each of the 50 state highpoints. Whether you’re a first-timer on a drive with all the kids to your state’s highest spot or you’re a veteran climber seeking the ultimate challenge of Alaska’s Mount McKinley — it’s all right here, packed with the information you need!
* Concise and accurate route descriptions
* Expert advice on planning your adventure
* Easy to understand ratings for beginner to expert
* Complete instructions for reaching trailheads
* Detailed maps to find your way
* Over 150 useful and informative photos
* Tips on fascinating nearby places of interest
* Trip logs to record your success
* And much more!