Boundary Peak via Queen Canyon-7/15/04

Home Private: Forums Highpoint Discussions Nevada-Boundary Peak Boundary Peak via Queen Canyon-7/15/04

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  highpointersclub 14 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

highpointersclub
    Participant

Queens Canyon Road

[Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
    [By: whhs on January 31 2005 at 1:05 PM]

Hi,

I went to Boundary Peak 12 years ago via Trail Canyon Road. I’d like to try Queens Canyon so could you give me a description of how good or bad the road is? I will be renting some kind of SUV (like a Bronco) and I do not what to damage the vehicle.

Last time I was in a cargo van and it was a tight squeeze on Trail Canyon Road.

I’d appreciate any advise on road access to Boundary.

Thanks,

Marty

highpointersclub
      Participant

Queen Canyon approach

[Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: Kevin Baker on February 4 2005 at 1:43 AM]

Marty:

Any stock SUV with moderate clearance will get you to the saddle below Kennedy Point. I made it up in a Hyundai Santa Fe, which does not have all that high of clearance without any problems. There are a couple of switchbacks that are tight, so I wouldn’t take something like a wide wheel base pickup up there. I recommend the ridge route. It’s very easy hiking across a gentle ridge with a little elevation loss to Trail Canyon saddle. From there, it’s a steep grunt up loose scree, but not bad.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.