Gannett un-summit

This topic contains 3 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  highpointersclub 10 years, 3 months ago.

• Author

highpointersclub
    Participant

Mark, you forgot a small detail…

[Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
    [By: serge on August 15 2005 at 8:09 PM]

The story was told very well like it has happened except that:
    1-I have never said I was your personnal guide on this trip,
    2-If so, I have never got paid for that king of service;
    3-you forgot to say that you “kind of” started crying on the top of Bonney Pass.
    4-That was the first time I experienced being with someone that was crying on the mountain so consequently had very limited experience to that kind of situation, sorry

highpointersclub
    Participant

the othe side?

[By: Erik on August 12 2006 at 7:54 PM]

Gannett should never be underestimated and it seems you have learned your lesson. However I laughed out loud when I read that you would do it from the Dubois side instead next time. I have gone in both ways, and the Glacier trail(from Dubois) is not only about 10 mi. longer but is waaaay harder. I would just train more and go for the elkhart trail again.

highpointersclub
      Participant

The other side…seems a long time ago

[By: markv on April 6 2009 at 3:02 AM]

The Gannett reports were bumped up and i just now noticed this post! We did end up going from the other side (Dubois/Glacier Trail). The approach is definitely harder, but the summit day was so much easier that after doing both ways i’m still not 100% sure which way is more difficult to summit from. My advice would be if you’ve tried from one side, go see the other side the next time!

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.