HP #13

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      highpointersclub
      Participant
      [Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: Tim W. on December 26 2005 at 8:39 AM]

This was an interesting hike. We camped out at Button Bay SP, and drove up to Stowe the next day. It was a warm pleasant day with some clouds but no rain. We opted to drive up the toll road, ($18) and hike the rest of the way up from the top of the road. The road is pretty bad, steep, and narrow. Almost got hit on the way up!
      Getting to the top of the road, we loaded our packs and started off to the peak. We passed several hikers that day up and down. Nearing the top, I asked which way they came, and got several answers. Some hiked up from the bottom to the west, some from the east, some from the top of the ski lift. There are several routes to the top! I did run into one guy who noticed my son’s Buffalo Bills hat. He was from the same town I grew up in, and went to the same High School! Small World…
      As instructed by the trail instructor, we stayed on the marked path, and had a great hike to the top. It was windy and a bit hazy, but we could see into NY, NH, and Canada, as well as most of lake Champlain. A great hike and a great trip too.
      We did stop at the cider mill and Ben & Jerry’s on the way back to our campsite.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.