I sweat on Driskill

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      highpointersclub
      Participant
      [Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: robert duzan on January 14 2006 at 2:23 AM]

I decided to find and conquer Driskill in July, 2005. I was returning from my High School reunion, in Illinois, and decided to do a side trip. I got directions from a fella at a local gas station just off of I20.
      However, as I went through the town I noticed a chamber of commerce sign in an old railroad depot.
      The lady inside told me the property was private, but the owner didn’t mind anybody going on the property provided there was no fires started. She gave me a map that was a copy from “longacres” book.
      The lady was very nice and a stop there was worth the extra 15 minutes.
      I asked what was the town of “” know for? She responded that the shooting of bonnie and Clyde was the only claim to fame.
      However, she said the actual shooting was about 20 miles away, but the bodies were brought to the town’s funeral home.

I parked at the old church and put on my hiking boots so I would feel like a hiker. In nineteen minutes I summited. It was a warm day, but it was quiet and peaceful in the woods.

It was a pleasant walk and only saw one guy drive a truck near the radio tower? He waved and I walked as I walked into the woods.

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.