Boundary Peak – 6/11/2006

Home Private: Forums Nevada-Boundary Peak Boundary Peak – 6/11/2006

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      highpointersclub
      Participant
      [Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: Sean on June 15 2006 at 6:28 PM]

I just completed Boundary Peak last weekend with a friendly group out of Las Vegas called the Trailblazers. The complete report is here.

There are only a few points that I noted that are not covered in other posts:
      – At my site, I have downloadable waypoints for the easterly Trail Canyon approach for fellow GPS-heads.
      – The roads appeared to have been recently graded and was fine for a small, 2-wheeldrive car.
      – There was only minor snow, but apparently a week earlier, there was signifigant snow that would have been troublesome.

Beautiful hike, but the loose trail makes it much harder than Humphreys, in my opinion.

highpointersclub
      Participant

Agreed on Humphreys

[Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: C. J. Vassar on June 20 2006 at 10:55 PM]

Humphreys somehow gets overrated, by HPers? Pretty much uniformly considered numero 10 (of 50) in difficulty followed by Boundary (11,) than Wheeler (12.)

I personally think Humphreys is also easier than Wheeler (where there isn’t an easy route, either mountain goat up from Williams Lake or trudge along the ridge via Bull-of-the-Woods Pasture.) Other than some basic ridgeline commonsense, Humphreys is, relatively, easy. The day I climbed it about 25 middle-school girls were summitting shortly after me (you won’t see that on Boundary or Wheeler on the average day.)

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.