Humphrey's 7-17-04

Home Private: Forums Arizona-Humphreys Peak Humphrey's 7-17-04

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      highpointersclub
      Participant
      [Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: Mitch on August 29 2004 at 6:21 PM]

This hike started on a whim. My wife was out of town and I had the weekend to myself so I decided to take my dog and go hiking. I left late afternoon on Friday and had to be back in 24 hours. My dog and I slept in the back of my Explorer for the night. Supprisingly there were a few people during the same. I awoke to a steady stream of lights coming in for their morning ascent. I got ready and started about 20 minutes later. It was nice and cool that morning and the hike through the forest was great. I quickly learned that I packed too much for a dayhike like this. My whole trip up was empty until I arrived at the summit when I realized that there were three people minutes behind me. We had a nice chat up there. Took some pictures ate a clif bar and started down. I hike down was quick and easy. The whole trip was pretty much with out incedent. I have heard stories about losing the trail…I did not find that true except for above the tree line once or twice. Overall the hike was one of my faverites. I am hoping to attempt Wheeler in NM this fall.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.