Road much better

Home Private: Forums Michigan-Mount Arvon Road much better

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      highpointersclub
      Participant
      [Ed: Imported from Americas Roof ‘Summit Trip Reports’ forum]
      [By: terry on June 29 2008 at 8:09 AM]

My wife and I “summited” Mt. Arvon on Wednesday, June 25. I was actually pleasantly surprised at the quality of the road. We were driving a normal car and had absolutely no problem getting to the parking area before the last half mile stroll. I actually think we would have had no problem driving up to the highpoint . . . or the parking area within around 200 yards of the highpoint. All of the small arrows pointing to the highpoint are there so finding the right road is no problem either. The only issue we had is that we got to following the arrows and forgot to check the mileage. So, when we arrived at the parking area, we were not sure if we had gone far enough or not; particularly since the road was as good as it was. But great highpoint. And a beautiful area to visit. We went by Duluth and enjoyed the harbor before going over to the highpoint. Then we went over to the Pictured Rocks Lake Shore and then over to White Fish Point. Enjoy this area and don’t just fly through collecting the high point.
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.